Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you want to date?
Hello everyone, i'm new here. I joined because I was looking for other gay people to talk to seeing as how I don't know any gay people in real life.

Today I had a question regarding gay dating er... the process leading up to dating.

I have an OkCupid account where I tend to message guys that I like, and when they suddenly stop talking to me I have this desire to find out why they put me aside. Normally I don't pursue because I ask my friends about their opinion on it. Every time I ask though I get the question "why do you like him? why do you think you want to date him? why do you want to date in the first place?"

So my question is how do you answer these questions. I can answer the first two based on the person's personality, appearance, interests, etc. but the last one always baffles me. I want to say it's to finally experience what it's like to be in a relationship, but I really wonder if it's more reaffirming myself that I can date also.

Do any of you have thoughts like these? Any answers to the "why do you want to date someone?" question?

*Yoda voice* The answer, only you can provide. Within your heart, the truth you seek is. *End Yoda voice*

And welcome to Gaysepak! Please enjoy your complimentary GaySpeak pancake!

Pancake

Welcome to Gayspeak. Hehe I had one guy who had an account on 3 major dating sites. On the one which I had a detailed profile he actually decided he would talk to me on that one (he chose not to reply to my other two). As we were talking, I asked him his name in which he replied "Sorry but until you messaged me a few minutes ago I was actually thinking about deleting this profile". Anyway to make a long story short, i'm almost positive that was just his way of telling me that he wasn't interested. His profile is definitely still up and he no longer talks to me. Some people are just that way, sometimes they're just not interested in you, it shouldn't matter that something about them made you message them, it's all apart of the process Smile

because loneliness is evil and everyone deserves to have their special someone who loves and cares for them so that they can relax and share memories with someone that isn't family... but will be