Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does everyone at my age only care about sex?
I know that this is a normal thing for people particularly under 20 years of age. But I really want a relationship that is built off of love, care, and actual feelings. Right now in the group of men that are gay, it seems that sex is the biggest matter in their lives. I understand that they want to experiment, but will finding a relationship that isn't just built on making out and having sex need to wait until college and the future in general? Or am I just around the wrong people. Don't get me wrong, I have desires too.... But for example, a couple years ago, someone wanted to hang out only to find that they wanted to have sex. Several years later, the person wants a "relationship".... Now he has still hinted at ways to try to get me to make out or other physical activities... What gives? Are there any people in this age group who want a real relationship with someone past just a stupid crush, or wanting frequent sex activites???

Sex is good. Sex is life.

I just hope they use protection *crosses fingers*

If you want a relationship, you will find a relationship, eventually.

In this day and age it's just how it is. As the world has changed and more and more has become socially acceptable, like promiscuity, people have let in to their desires more. I don't necessarily think it's all bad but it's all around us, in all ages. Remember too that you're probably surrounded by people who are just getting to experience things like sex and they're just trying to fulfill what they see as their needs right then and there. It's not going to get any easier in college either. It's just the way life is. The best part is you get your say too. Be loud and proud about what you want and someday someone will appreciate it.

I think around you're age now is when a lot of guys do experiment to find out what they are into. Especially when its becoming more socially acceptable. Its pretty lame but its true. I think when you find someone and its right then you will both settle - but it will just happen. Some of the like wildest mates I have found a partner and instantly settled its weird!

Answer to the question I do think there are guys out there that want a relationship at 18 - but likewise theres a lot that don't because this is the time of life for people to go to university and have some fun before settling, or to discover themselves Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

sorry to say but a lot of gay men just want sex no matter the age they are. But some gay men do want relationships, and i am sure some at your age as well. Just finding one that is all, happy hunting.

Hormones, brain that is more impulsive and focuses more on short term gains (even just possible ones) than consequences, and curiosity are all major factors at that age. On top of that guys are especially encouraged (by society if not biology) to seek out sex as often as possible.

Pretty much the norm for that age. And it's as true for straight guys as well, and always has been as far as I can tell. Granted, they generally have to pretend otherwise to be with a girl but they're still sexually active. A major problem a hundred years ago was our armies being hindered by waves of STDs among the male recruits who'd just enjoyed some leave, and some military forces (including in the US like a century ago) would even try to find assigned prostitutes that were routinely screened. There's an old WW2 training film telling men in the service to wear condoms when with prostitutes, it was pretty much just assumed the teenage men were going to do things they shouldn't.

Still, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Sanderson Wrote:I know that this is a normal thing for people particularly under 20 years of age. But I really want a relationship that is built off of love, care, and actual feelings. Right now in the group of men that are gay, it seems that sex is the biggest matter in their lives. I understand that they want to experiment, but will finding a relationship that isn't just built on making out and having sex need to wait until college and the future in general? Or am I just around the wrong people. Don't get me wrong, I have desires too.... But for example, a couple years ago, someone wanted to hang out only to find that they wanted to have sex. Several years later, the person wants a "relationship".... Now he has still hinted at ways to try to get me to make out or other physical activities... What gives? Are there any people in this age group who want a real relationship with someone past just a stupid crush, or wanting frequent sex activites???

You will find one for sure. I don't even have an opportunity to meet a gay man, let alone a gay man who is into relationship.

I have desires too, but I agree that all of the gay men seem to want only one thing.... I too also want a loving relationship. But, there are people out there who want the same things that we do, and we just need to be patient and wait for them to come to us.

Don't give up - you will find someone when you're least expecting it. That's life - full of surprises.

I take this 'my age' thing to mean around 48 years of age?

No... Well your in for a nasty surprise... any age that men are able to get it up the majority are prone for 'just sex' over relationships.

Its the nature of the beast.