Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does it have to be this way?
Why oh why must the religions of the world always be in competition with one another as they are? I have never understood why multiple pools of believers can't respect one another's differences in beliefs... That and why is there so much hatred towards people for being different from the supposed "norm?" If the world was just one way, it'd be pretty boring wouldn't it?

religion is man's self conceived theories of who or what a god or god is therefore nothing is certain about it because men lie, women lie. but we dont have to go insult each other because of this ..

It doesn't.

It wasnt that way in ancient Rome, hell you could be a member of multiple religions.
It was Christianity and Judaism that started hating on other faiths. First they made themselves exclusive then they branded anyone else's gods as evil false deities and their worshippers as sinners.

And despite all the press religious violence gets remember that in most places in the modern world religions get along fine.

My guess is that in the past many religions are tied with power - they can manipulate their people to benefit themselves. Besides, religion is one of the way to persuade people to choose another side during conflicts between parties.

However, there are some religions which welcome multi-religious behavior such as Buddhism, although in Buddhism they don't really consider themselves a religion but a kind of way of spiritual living.

If there are more than one religion, then there's more than one choice. People begin to question themselves if they made the right choice once seeds of doubt begin to creep in. So the only way to fix it is to eradicate everything that isn't along your lines of thought, therefore you cannot be wrong. Period. Ever. Demonizing those whom are different from you have caused "witch hunts" for centuries. No so much as to punish them, but more so to elevate 'us' (figuratively speaking).

Borg69 Wrote:If there are more than one religion, then there's more than one choice. People begin to question themselves if they made the right choice once seeds of doubt begin to creep in. So the only way to fix it is to eradicate everything that isn't along your lines of thought, therefore you cannot be wrong. Period. Ever. Demonizing those whom are different from you have caused "witch hunts" for centuries. No so much as to punish them, but more so to elevate 'us' (figuratively speaking).

I myself am one without a religious viewpoint, as it helps keep my mind sane in a way; easier to believe what you see, rather than going along lines of seeing life experiences and giving credit to things beyond understanding... Just my viewpoint...

religion is grave, you can't be funny or be a jerk when dealing with religion ..

I wasn't trying to be funny, nor was I trying to be a jerk...

well what i was trying to say was, you just have to be careful when dealing with it, shit happens sometimes and when that happens, just move on ..

Gotcha sorry, didn't mean any by it