Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PayPal stands up for gay rights in North Carolina
Nice to see a multinational stand up for us. Let other States learn the lesson.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/04/05/p...lotte.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I am not a PayPal user but I may take the time to write a thank you note. Corporations taking stands like this need to know they are appreciated.
I bid NO Trump!

Yes, this is the kind of boycott that's useful. Anything related to the internet is bound to have a good pressure effect.

Keep it going!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I actually believe this is stance by a multinational company that is not about profit - this does sound like PayPay actual believe in their convictions against discrimination , it must be costing them a hell of a lot of money at short notice to scrap plans for new premises and all that goes into finding a new location and staffing - Bravo to them

Well, PayPal was co-founded by Peter Thiel, a gay man.
Interesting thing about Thiel, he is one of the most richest out-gay men of all time (second to David Geffen). He was outed by Gawker, which he hated, and got his revenge by funding Hulk Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker Media (which he claims wasn't about revenge). He endorsed Donald Trump at the Republican National Convention.

Chase - thx for that info , didn't know about the founder so it makes more sense now - karmas a bitch for Gawker though - did they end up going out of business after the Hulk Hogan thing ?