Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why i'm here
Maybe some of you have a question to me; why Valet is here, why he don't want to be on a Russian gay forums if his English not good enoug to fool-dress coversation.

Before i decided to come to here i had been for a half year on the russian gay forums. It was not pleasant experience at all. I tired to be a wolf among wolfs -when i was there i just exhausted my nerves. After my negative experience i decided to go to more civilized site dedicated to gay people.

I'm not alone in my internet migration or even linguistic migration .I did it because i had most miserable period in my life at the time when i came to you.
Sometimes i'm ashamed of my foolish linguistic mistakes . Anyway i will develop
my English- one year ago i knew only couple English words
- but now i can understand all your messages without dictionary and so i reading books in english. But my writing still far from perfI.
- I love being here. i hope that you understand me.
thanks

Valet,
You are welcome here. This is a great place to be, and, I think it is wonderful that you have improved your English by using GaySpeak! I support you and accept you for who you are.

I have no trouble understanding your English. For only knowing for a year, you are doing really good.

I'm glad you found a place that you like. We're glad to have you.

You speak MUCH better English than a lot of Americans I know!!!!

I am happy you are here!!! I used to work with some Russian ladies and I love them very much!!
They tried to teach me the Russian language, but it is very hard to learn!!!

WinkXyxwaveHerz

Hey Valet.

Your english is still slightly awkward, but 100% understandable. Also, awkward does not mean 'incorrect', and I think you have many of the basics very well covered. Over time through reading and writing I am sure you'll progress further.

I am glad that you like it here, and hope for the best in your personal life.

Very happy to have you here Valet Smile I can always understand you very well Smile

English is not the most common laungage but it is the "universal" de facto laungage.

It helps everybody to know it and although your English is not perfect its never so bad that i have not understood you… your doing fine and thanks for being here.

Your post is wonderful and so are you for sharing! I'm actually very impressed with your English and the more you use it the stronger it will get. I'm glad you have found a suitable alternative and I wish you all the best is finding peace with your past. I hope you won't lose your love for your home. I love America and it's difficult accepting that there is so much insanity and hate here just like anywhere else. I'm so glad you are here and I'm thankful for GS! Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I had no problem understanding you wrote.
I'm glad you found a place you feel comfortable just as I have. I haven't checked my post count but you can be sure I have never posted as much as I have on Gayspeak. I never feel very comfortable on message boards but I don't seem to have a problem here. I don't know if I will keep it up but I have enjoyed it so far.

partis Wrote:English is not the most common laungage but it is the "universal" de facto laungage.

That is all sorts of wrong. You are confusing the term lingua franca with a de facto language.

Valet, I am personally glad to have you here. You're quite an academic mind which I enjoy in people.

That oddly ominous English language Biglaugh is not my native language either, so I get you.

Your English is understandable enough.

It will only get better as you use it more.