Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it okay to criticize Christianity but not Islam?
I criticize everybody, I share it equally with all brain-washing cults.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I criticize everybody, I share it equally with all brain-washing cults.

Wow. I read that wrong the first time.

VileKyle Wrote:Huh? I don't think it's okay to criticize either religion. The religion itself is just a belief, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't understand why religions so often get a free pass from criticism. How tolerant are we supposed to be? Mormonism? Scientology? Just beliefs, and there is plenty wrong there in my opinion. I'm all for respectful criticism -- not just religion bashing.

Counselor Wrote:Wow. I read that wrong the first time.

I'm curious.

I found my self searching for the reason why Pig meat is forbidden for Muslims and came across a site with one of the most serious and unrivalled load of old bollocks I have ever read.

"Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 19 March 2009 at 5:21am
As Salamu Alaikum, Ranaldo_Along.Pigs are haram because they are filthy,they have no veins if you were to put a pig in a snake pit the pig will eat all the snakes and would not be effected by their venom.They are lazy a will eat and eat till they vomit or defficate and also eat that too.they have a puss hole in their huff. I know plenty of so-called Christians who eat pork and the Bilbe says not to eat the flesh of swine,but they say to me its ok if you pray first,"misled again they are" Allah only permits it for us if it is the only food we can eat besides starving to death witch would be suicide."

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/printer_...?TID=14396

No veins? No neck? and what's this about a Puss Hole in the huff [sic]?

I find islam to be quite entrenched, nothing will shift their backward and mediaeval thinking on many issues.

However, it's not just Muslim extremists who use bombs, we put up with all manner of terrorist outrages from the 1960's until the late 1990's at the hands of the IRA and equally so-called loyalist paramilitary organisations.

It really angers me when our armed forces return home, to see groups of muslim men standing on the side of the street with placards calling for the beheading of the same troops who have spent the last 12 months or so in a sun-baked rat hole of a semi-failed state sorting out the mess these people have made of their own country!

I am an outspoken atheist, and I criticize them all, mostly via Twitter. I play no favorites. I'm not afraid of anyone. Nor am I afraid to hide my opinions or my viewpoints.

So what are your opinions and view points on this matter, they appear hidden from me at least.

baseline: You shouldn't criticise things until you have thoroughly studied and understood them

That's the whole point of education, to be able to criticise things without being wrong and stupid, which unfortunately is too often the case nowadays.

Geminize Wrote:I don't understand why religions so often get a free pass from criticism. How tolerant are we supposed to be? Mormonism? Scientology? Just beliefs, and there is plenty wrong there in my opinion. I'm all for respectful criticism -- not just religion bashing.

Maybe I worded that wrong then, so thank you for correcting me. Criticism is fine when it isn't being used offensively, so go for that all you want. It's the bashing that you mentioned there that I actually have issues with.

Vigilias Wrote:I found my self searching for the reason why Pig meat is forbidden for Muslims and came across a site with one of the most serious and unrivalled load of old bollocks I have ever read.

"Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 19 March 2009 at 5:21am
As Salamu Alaikum, Ranaldo_Along.Pigs are haram because they are filthy,they have no veins if you were to put a pig in a snake pit the pig will eat all the snakes and would not be effected by their venom.They are lazy a will eat and eat till they vomit or defficate and also eat that too.they have a puss hole in their huff. I know plenty of so-called Christians who eat pork and the Bilbe says not to eat the flesh of swine,but they say to me its ok if you pray first,"misled again they are" Allah only permits it for us if it is the only food we can eat besides starving to death witch would be suicide."

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/printer_...?TID=14396

No veins? No neck? and what's this about a Puss Hole in the huff [sic]?

That's just a reasoning. Basically if something is stated clearly in Quran and the prophet's recital (Hadith) as prohibited,then that's that. You could try to find your reasoning all the way you want,just like this guy,but as a true believer,you don't need any.

My response to the OP would be,if you have the knowledge,criticize all you want respectfully,but if you don't,do yourself a favour and spare the embarrassment.