Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it so exhausting trying to get my point across?
The most important thing is that you are happy. If you aren't, it takes a lot of strength to admit things aren't working and to move on... but you'll thank yourself later.

Every post I've read from you is a litany of what is wrong with your relationship. They are filled with self doubt caused by how you are being treated (and in my opinion, treated badly).

You can do better, man. Why are you staying with this person that, at least from your posts, clearly has no regard for you or your feelings what so ever?

I am going to repeat to you the same advice I gave you before...because it applies...

Assuming this is true...and the past posts are true....there is a toxic element to this relationship.....

..and that normally involves two...not one...toxic people....

So...you need to find out what is drawing you to a toxic relationship and what you bring to the table. There is at least a part of you that is drawn to this and instead of figuring out what to do about any particular situation...spend the same amount of time figuring out what draws the moth to the flame...

You have a role here...figure out what that role is...

If you don't do that...it won't matter if you leave him or stay with him because you will likely attract a similar situation....

It is even possible for one or both toxic people to transcend and evolve from their bullshit....but you have to understand the bullshit in order to overcome it...

Good luck to you both!

Virge Wrote:LJay I don't take credit for that comment. I read it aloud and my honeybun psychologist started yakking. I just summarized what and translated what he said from his native language,Strane. But I really thought it was spot on as soon as he started yakking.
[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION]
The link was invaluable and funny as shit. I'd forgotten how many dialects you speak. How is Firecrotch btw? I've missed a lot being gone. I hope y'all are still good?

OP, listen to the advice given here. Really, it all makes sense. Being happy in life doesn't come in a neat gift wrapped present, you have to work for it. Sometimes that means slogging through the muck and making hard decisions. I can't advocate that you stay in your relationship or not because I don't walk in your shoes. Staying miserable, however, isn't good for either of you or your mental health. Work this issue out. Life is too short to be trapped in a situation that isn't meeting your needs and makes you miserable.