Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trust the U.S. Postal Service says...
Says the National Association of Letter Carriers... one of the unions that represent mail carriers.

https://www.nalc.org/news/nalc-updates/b...-002-1.pdf

Quote:In 2016, 139 million Americans voted in the general election – and nearly one-fourth (32 million) voted on mailed-out ballots. This year, total turnout could surpass 150 million voters and vote by mail volume could double or more. Although millions of Americans drop off their ballots in person (in drop boxes, at polling places or at voting centers), millions also return their ballots by mail. This has raised questions for some about whether the Postal Service has the capacity to deliver such a high volume of ballots this fall. But even if every American voter returned his or her ballot by mail, the Postal Service has more than enough capacity to deliver the extra volume.

Well, 150 million parcels of mail is certainly an increase to the 471 million parcels of mail the USPS handles on average each day...

https://facts.usps.com/#:~:text=The%20Po...each%20day.

So short of sabotaging the USPS by removing drop off boxes, removing sorting machinery before an election I would say by in large they can handle the higher volume. Of course, we'll just have to see what happens. Frankly, I think most of this going to end up being noise for the purpose of scaring away people from mail-in ballots or from voting altogether.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

If you can protest in person, and buy groceries in person, then it's certainly safe to vote in person.

Don't take my word on it...

And you don't believe the U.S. Postal Service when they say they have the capacity to handle the increase?

The real trouble with any great increase in mailed in ballots is the infrastructure for COUNTING the ballots.

(08-21-2020, 02:46 PM)kindy64 Wrote: If you can protest in person, and buy groceries in person, then it's certainly safe to vote in person.

Voting in person may very well be safe, but as I have already stated in a similar thread some people waited over 8 hours to cast their vote, so I highly doubt it will be safe for everyone. How many people getting COVID-19 and dying from it just so they can cast their ballot is acceptable? About the same number for ballot fraud I suppose.

(08-21-2020, 02:46 PM)kindy64 Wrote: Don't take my word on it...

HA! I *won't*

Yes, if done properly, if they follow the guidelines but considering the number of people wearing a mask at walmart in this town I'm going to say no, there will be a lot of people who will get COVID-19, just in time for Thanksgiving too. So, not exactly optimistic that this is going to be a jolly holiday season. All because everyone now wants to play politics because it is convenient to do so. After all Glenn Beck always said...wait a minute fuck Glenn Beck lol Laugh2

(08-21-2020, 02:46 PM)kindy64 Wrote: And you don't believe the U.S. Postal Service when they say they have the capacity to handle the increase?

The real trouble with any great increase in mailed in ballots is the infrastructure for COUNTING the ballots.

And that's not what I said, so I'll reframe what I said. I believe the USPS can handle the increase in mail volume as they deal with, on average, damn near a half billion pieces of mail, of how many people will actually use mail-in ballots vs in person voting, le;ts say 1:4 people mail their ballots in. That's about 30-40 million ballots.

Counting them? We can't count our ballots now? C'mon. Rolleyes
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!