Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't there Straight Pride month?
[Image: 1002516_406924479413671_1283711842_n.jpg]

Counselor Wrote:Nice blurb...I didn't noticed who started the thread before I opened it, I thought it was Londoner flame-baiting.

When have I ever flame baited?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Straight people are by far the dominant majority and make up most of the population; majorities don't need awareness brought to them like minorities do. It's as simple as that.

Straight people don't need a Straight Pride Parade
because their sexualities are celebrated
in every nook and cranny of humanity's existence.

In pop-culture,
magazines,
movies,
music,
fashion,
Mardi Gras [SIZE="2"]
(essentially a Straight Pride Parade)[/SIZE]
and the list goes on...

Their "Pride Parade" is shoved down our throats,
every second of every day.

Well in the interests of democracy I don't object to a straight pride parade. If straight people feel they absolutely have to have a Pride Day for themselves then that's up to them though its not necessary for them because there is very little (if any) stigma attached to heterosexual liaisons whereas there is a lot for LGBT relationships and LGBT people in general. Obviously there is a real need to fight the discrimination LGBT people face and supposedly pride is a form of resistance against that as it allows the LGBT community to send a message out against discrimination.

But as I say I have no objection to straight pride days. I mean they may as well allow them after all. They allow Westboro Baptist Church (Phelps' clan) and other extreme Christian groups in the US, and hardcore Muslim funamentalists in the UK, to go out and make bigoted, inflamatory statements constantly without being arrested despite violating various racial equality laws, so why not let hardcore straights do something similar? It only seems fair.

I think straight pride should be a part of gay pride. After all, you can be proud of who you are without believing you are better than others.

How about we get a parade for every social groups we find and join them to the gay pride parade. Should I start a list? You shouldn't post this in activism... move this to joke of the day.

every day is already straight pride day...why do they need a whole month?

LONDONER Wrote:When have I ever flame baited?

Arkansota Wrote:I think straight pride should be a part of gay pride. After all, you can be proud of who you are without believing you are better than others.

Ahhh no.
No it should not. No sir and no ma'am.
No no no no no.

There is gay pride for a REASON.

plz console my last post in this thread (on page one)

kthxbye.