Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why me?!
If its any concession... I love your hair! I got the crappy brown stuff that curls at the ends :/

gotta keep it short.

Roxy Wrote:Okay so part of me wants to laugh my life out (it was funny) but another half of me really really wants to scream.

So I'm out with my friend Kiki and we stop to get a drink. This girl comes up to me and ask's me out right? Okay, not a big deal it's not usual but I just smile and say "I'm sorry, but I'm gay" and she gives me the weirdest look. I'm then confused coz she's like "er...yeah so am I that's why I'm asking..."

I go quiet and then her face just...pales. "YOU'RE A GUY?!"

I was literally waititng for this line. I swear, I had to stop myself from faceplanting the table top.

...Aaaaah I get it all the time from guys mistaking me for a girl and yet I don't cross dress! Okay so maybe once...via Kiki's torture- but...er...this is probably a really stupid question but it makes things really awkward in real life because I do buy guys clothes.

Does anyone else have this? Does anyone have ANY tips? (like I said, stupid question but oh well, you never know.)

I just refuse to change my hair. REFUSE. To change. My hair.

princealbertofb Wrote:I'll tell you what, Roxy. When I was your age, I didn't have that much body hair or facial hair, and I remember when I was even younger but starting to grow it, I absolutely abhorred the stuff and would make sure I was cleanly shaven at all times. Gradually, as I grew to become a full grown man, I started growing chest hair, which, considering my father and ancestry was not surprising. It only started when I was 24. I wouldn't have known, at 19 that this was going to happen. As I got more involved in the theatre and musical scene, I realised that it was easier to wear a natural beard or moustache or goatee etc... than wearing fake ones that have to be glued on (that glue doesn't seem to suit my skin) and keep falling off. So I started experimenting with the facial hair and it suited me quite well. I wouldn't have thought I'd ever do that at 19, especially after my adolescent phobia of the stuff... But I grew up to accept my masculinity in my head and now can embrace the flexibility of looks it can afford me. I guess I could have let it grow for Movember, but I didn't, but that's not to say that I won't start growing it again some time this year.
http://www.movember.com/
Check out this video... http://www.20minutes.fr/societe/1053650-...or=RSS-145

Thanks so much ^^

Though I'm not keen on facial hair on myself, I don't think it would look right. But maybe thats coz I have 0% body hair anyway so I'm not used to it. I do mean 0%, me and Kink are forever puzzled by that. I never realised that I should have at least SOMETHING SOMEWHERE until she was like, buying wax and stuff...and I asked why she needed it lol.

That got me worrying a little lol. Either my body grows really really slowly or it just doesn't want to be normal lol.

Thanks for those links lol ^^

Lack of body hair at age 19 is not too abnormal, however that depends on how much you lack. If you have none down yonder and none under the armpits then I strongly suggest you get your hormones checked via a doctor. There are a few ailments that cause deficiencies of hormones which can have long term detrimental consequences for your over all health later down the road.

It is obvious that your facial features are not overtly masculine, you do not have the large nose, heavy brow, heavy chin of neanderthal, erm I mean men.... Wink I would assume you do not have breasts, thus you could draw attention to that by wearing less than baggy clothing for shirts thus making it clear you are not female.

The upside to your particular set of features, assuming you do not get many wrinkles as you age, is that you will look perpetually younger than you really are. The nose, ears continue to grow through life, thus old men tend to have large noses, large ears and feet and hands too). Starting out with a small set means when you are in your 40's you will look late 20's early 30's, assuming your hair isn't all grey and you stay out of excessive sunlight and not get those deep wrinkles that leathering (tanning) causes.

In my youth I looked too boyish for my liking, I took to wearing decidedly masculine outfits and kept my hair either very long or very sort. I also grew a goatee and 'stach in order to not have to hand over my ID every time I want to purchase alcohol, and later cigarettes.

At 46 I still pass for mid 30's, if I shave I can pass for a 30 year old 'kid'.... It is a mixed blessing you have been handled.

It may not be so much as a looks thing, but an attitude thing as well. Your posture, how you walk and how you move your body may be sending out 'mixed signals'. women tend to sit and stand like they have a solid iron rod for a spine, they also tend to tuck their feet/cross their legs at ankle or thigh. Guys tend to be a bit more relaxed, kick back and 'sprawl'.

There is even a manly way to hold a cigarette and a womanly way to do it. I got an education by my cousin when I first started smoking at age 13 about the right and wrong way I should hold my smoke... LOL

I do not know how much of a 'problem' this is for you, if its not that big of a deal then do nothing and just roll with it. If it is a problem trying 'butching it up' and be more 'masculine' in your actions and how you hold yourself.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:There is even a manly way to hold a cigarette and a womanly way to do it. I got an education by my cousin when I first started smoking at age 13 about the right and wrong way I should hold my smoke... LOL

really ?!?!?
what's the manly way to smoke ? i want to know which one i'm doing / which one my housemate does hahhh

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Lack of body hair at age 19 is not too abnormal, however that depends on how much you lack. If you have none down yonder and none under the armpits then I strongly suggest you get your hormones checked via a doctor. There are a few ailments that cause deficiencies of hormones which can have long term detrimental consequences for your over all health later down the road.

It is obvious that your facial features are not overtly masculine, you do not have the large nose, heavy brow, heavy chin of neanderthal, erm I mean men.... I would assume you do not have breasts, thus you could draw attention to that by wearing less than baggy clothing for shirts thus making it clear you are not female.

The upside to your particular set of features, assuming you do not get many wrinkles as you age, is that you will look perpetually younger than you really are. The nose, ears continue to grow through life, thus old men tend to have large noses, large ears and feet and hands too). Starting out with a small set means when you are in your 40's you will look late 20's early 30's, assuming your hair isn't all grey and you stay out of excessive sunlight and not get those deep wrinkles that leathering (tanning) causes.

In my youth I looked too boyish for my liking, I took to wearing decidedly masculine outfits and kept my hair either very long or very sort. I also grew a goatee and 'stach in order to not have to hand over my ID every time I want to purchase alcohol, and later cigarettes.

At 46 I still pass for mid 30's, if I shave I can pass for a 30 year old 'kid'.... It is a mixed blessing you have been handled.

It may not be so much as a looks thing, but an attitude thing as well. Your posture, how you walk and how you move your body may be sending out 'mixed signals'. women tend to sit and stand like they have a solid iron rod for a spine, they also tend to tuck their feet/cross their legs at ankle or thigh. Guys tend to be a bit more relaxed, kick back and 'sprawl'.

There is even a manly way to hold a cigarette and a womanly way to do it. I got an education by my cousin when I first started smoking at age 13 about the right and wrong way I should hold my smoke... LOL

I do not know how much of a 'problem' this is for you, if its not that big of a deal then do nothing and just roll with it. If it is a problem trying 'butching it up' and be more 'masculine' in your actions and how you hold yourself.

Yes, that is the case and I have already seen a doctor concerning that. I went when I was 17 and he said I was fine, just one of those few who don't grow bodily hair. I think I'm going to go for a second opinion though. Thanks for bringing that up actually, coz I forgot about there being a possibility of that.

I know LOL. It looks so uncomfortable! I do literally sink into the chairs and just 'sprawl'.

Yeah lol no breasts, I don't wear alot of baggy clothes. I personally prefer more fitted shirts and cargo's tbh. I might have to re-evaluate my walk though. I will admit I have a bit of a hip swing lol.

Wow. Some of the points you brang up are really great, thank you. I'll definately give them some thought =)

megumidesu Wrote:really ?!?!?
what's the manly way to smoke ? i want to know which one i'm doing / which one my housemate does hahhh

Masculine smoker: cigarette held between thumb and forefinger OR between thumb and middle finger.

Feminine smoker: giggles incessantly because smoking is "naughty" while holding cigarette between forefinger and middle finger.

Counselor Wrote:Masculine smoker: cigarette held between thumb and forefinger OR between thumb and middle finger.

Feminine smoker: giggles incessantly because smoking is "naughty" while holding cigarette between forefinger and middle finger.

i smoke the feminine way . but without the giggling ...
in fact i don't think i've ever seen a smoker giggling while they smoke . all my smoker friends take it very seriously hahah

megumidesu Wrote:i smoke the feminine way . but without the giggling ...
in fact i don't think i've ever seen a smoker giggling while they smoke . all my smoker friends take it very seriously hahah

I don't always smoke, but when I do, I flip the thing around in my fingers and don't hold it still for anything.

I'd dream of being naturally hairless. I get it removed once a month.

It's not often you see a women with a pipe. If you don't smoke, and don't wish to smoke then a Pipe! is the best choice for you, as you could always purchase a very fashionable pipe which blows bubbles.