Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why so many deleted accounts
Since I joined this board has changed like crazy. I don't really ever post anymore but I do check now and again haha. Hi to people I've not spoken to before!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:Since I joined this board has changed like crazy. I don't really ever post anymore but I do check now and again haha. Hi to people I've not spoken to before!

AND if you are so inclined to begin posting some again sometime it's right here waiting for you. I love how you can easily control your own level of involvement and activity. It's a great selling point for a forum community. And there just aren't many LGBT forums available and especially not with a broader worldview and multicultural membership.

HUGS GS! Hands-make-heartBighugKiss-my-ass:dance3:
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Haha thanks. I do try to post now and again just forget most of the time. Quite interesting to see what people are talking about these days and seeing if I remember anybody here anymore. Gayspeak is quite unusual in the way it works I guess - but it does. When I first joined it was very british but over time became very international haha I notice theres a large amount of americans on here now which is cool.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Well, from what I have "heard" floating around...........it's about some people who are not happy unless they are causing DRAMA.

So, when DRAMA insues, a lot of people run for one side or the other, and even MORE drama ensues.

Then you get people getting pissy to one another and throwing tantrums and calling each other names..........then people start deleting.

A few come back, a lot don't.

This past "orgy of drama" ended up with (from what I have been told), the trouble maker getting deleted, and then those who said something about this person getting deleted got deleted.

Whether that is right or wrong, I dont know..........thats what I got from what I have been told.

So yeah...........you know there's been some MAJOR DRAMA going on here when people start deleting.

CCRox Wrote:I remember EastofEden! Wavey Glad to find out who you were. Tongue3 I agree...there are better ways to deal with problems on GS than deleting. It's like life and suicide. You can report why you are going away in hopes that if and when you return your concern will be resolved. Ask for help from GS membership on concerns about problems with GS and you can always block a GS member (I think) to avoid "direct" interactions. But to kill yourself...uh...profile is not really good if you are leaving so many others without letting them all weigh in on the decision first. If I ever want to delete I promise to always give everyone at GS the chance to help me first. GS is often a help forum so I realize I have to endure incessant complaining and whining now and again and I have to choose to be a part of the effort to heal/repair/grieve or go the hell away until I can be present in a positive way. While I'm away my profile is still there for those who really want to continue the friendship.Yllove

I told myself I would never delete again...and I won't. I think I have close to 5,000 posts on Just Us Boys...I talk in the Hot Topics forum almost every day. I think they have over 200,000 members but only maybe a couple hundred post and even at that a lot of people delete...more than here...and a lot come back there as well.

I agree with Mistertinkles, a lot of people delete because of 'drama'. Others are actually deleted by Andy.

Something I've seen done too is people just get bored and leave.

A lot of the people from all these groups return...and the same people leave.

The only time I worry is when it's obvious someone is going through a lot of issues in their real life, and suddenly, they vanish. I know it's silly, but I do worry about people sometimes...

East Wrote:I told myself I would never delete again...and I won't. I think I have close to 5,000 posts on Just Us Boys...I talk in the Hot Topics forum almost every day. I think they have over 200,000 members but only maybe a couple hundred post and even at that a lot of people delete...more than here...and a lot come back there as well.

Yeah, I got caught up in the deleting drama back the end of last year. I would have about 10,000 posts now if I had not have deleted. Oh well.

The funny thing is, I came back because one of the people who recently got deleted and swore to never come back here, is the one who talked me in to coming back when I deleted.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Yeah, I got caught up in the deleting drama back the end of last year. I would have about 10,000 posts now if I had not have deleted. Oh well.

The funny thing is, I came back because one of the people who recently got deleted and swore to never come back here, is the one who talked me in to coming back when I deleted.

Yeah...me too. I came back to talk to dfiant in pm. I miss him.

I went to "the other site" some of these guys went too, but it is very basic and confusing. There are no instructions on how to use the site, nor any information on what the site has. It's also pretty colorless....SSOOOOO much WHITE it's blinding.

I will stay on here for now..........

I start work next week anyway, so I will prolly not be on much once I start working.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I went to "the other site" some of these guys went too, but it is very basic and confusing. There are no instructions on how to use the site, nor any information on what the site has. It's also pretty colorless....SSOOOOO much WHITE it's blinding.

I will stay on here for now..........

I start work next week anyway, so I will prolly not be on much once I start working.

MisterTinkles what was your profile name before? Also, grats on the job! You can still visit when you want and your active presence will be sorely missed!! Luvlove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart