Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the attitude?
This hass been bugging me for some time and I was wondering why there is such an attitude between tops and bottoms? I mean if you are a top it seems like you act like you are better than the bottom, yet if you are a bottom then you sometimes feel like you are not as good as the top. I have been in both roles and I have never felt like I was better than the bottom that I was with, I always felt like we were equals and I didn't see what the difference was. I will say that I prefer to be a bottom just because it feels so amazing to me and I just get that feeling that its a huge difference with some people.

Maybe its just me and I am reading into it or just in a funk or something but thats what I think sometimes when I see people asking about if they are a top and a bottom. I like saying that I am a bottom and that I really enjoy being penetrated, its a great feeling. I enjoy being a top but love being a bottom more.

I just think guys who do one but not the other are missing out on a lot.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

i dont know i think some people are just like that. i agree i think they would be missing out if you do one but not the other i like being in both roles

Hmmm...I have given this a little thought since I opened the topic but I can honestly say I have never really witnessed this attitude in others or felt this in any way myself but if we are speaking in terms of dominance and submission then I know the submissive has the power but the problem with that......being a bottom does not make you the submissive one anymore than being a top makes you the dominant one...

Maybe you have seen alot of insecure egotistical jerks as they generally give people attitude about anything and everything? Seriously...the best tops are great bottoms.

Well, I think what you may have in mind here are the more aggressive tops who either get more pleasure by acting overly dominant, or just feel much more powerful and don't give a damn about their current sex partner..A lot of people do that when they have no real feelings towards the bottom. I mean...yeah..when you love your partner, you are no better than him and you are trying to give him maximum pleasure too, you are equals in bed unless one or the other wants to change that for a bit or something...

I think in some areas it might having something to do with if you have straight friends, etc., that you want to be perceived as a top because for those to which gay sex is strange, they probably get the top role more than they get the bottom role. I can't say I've seen top/bottom prejudices in gay guys, but I've definitely heard comments from straight people, so can see how that might rub off on some people.

I think the attitude depends on the person, and not whether they are a top or a bottom.

My own opinion, like others have mentioned, I think you miss out if you decide to only be one or the other.

jbrowder24 Wrote:I think in some areas it might having something to do with if you have straight friends, etc., that you want to be perceived as a top because for those to which gay sex is strange, they probably get the top role more than they get the bottom role. I can't say I've seen top/bottom prejudices in gay guys, but I've definitely heard comments from straight people, so can see how that might rub off on some people.

I think I have been influenced heavily by the heterosexual sex and relationship. In heterosexual, there is a guy and a girl. A straight guy typically carries the role of being masculine and dominant. Well, I see myself as the 'girl' in a relationship. I am masculine but I enjoy the idea of being dominated and guarded by another guy.

But as I've mentioned in a different thread, I started to have interest in becoming a top but the intention is to dominate the other one in bed. That other one needs to be a bit of 'feminine' so I can project my manliness and masculinity. I admit that this whole thing sounds somewhat 'sexist'. But I hope it doesn't make me a bad person or such. It's just that I like the idea and concept of dominance to occur in a bedroom.

fredv3b Wrote:I just think guys who do one but not the other are missing out on a lot.

I agree, its much more fun to be versatile with it and experience both.

I think both will be just as good. I say think because Im still a virgin lol.