Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would a hot guy want to do something with an ugly guy?
That's the thing that he doesn't know me that well to only care for my inner values. All our talks have been basically "hi" and "bye" and maybe sometimes some small talk in the middle.

I just don't want to be a victim of some prank or something.

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

Just go with it - the worst that can happen is you have a nice time.

I'm going to take a very unpopular stance here. Is it just possible all this palaver about your ugliness, your low self esteem is being written for the benefit of the reader and is not the reality? One of the curses of anonymity is that we can say whatever we like without fear of disagreement. But...you're protesting something that may or may not be. And, were I the gentleman you question, by now I'd be wondering what the hell is the matter with someone who rejects a casual, friendly offer and proceeds to wonder what that person sees in you? Wouldn't take me long to agree with your friend whom you've rejected to begin to agree with you and wander away.

Work on your low self esteem. You have an unhealthy low opinion of yourself. That's not good.

Also, you can be cautious and wary without giving up on ever enjoying life. You could go out with this guy and just leave yourself an out if you start to smell a rat. Do the driving yourself, or even meet him somewhere. Go dutch. Suggest a fun place to go that you are comfortable with. There's ways to go enjoy life while still watching your own back.

Like a lot of other people have said; different people are attracted to different things.

In my experience, women and men who are good looking are often very aware of themselves too, and may be afraid of being rejected on account of precisely the kind of logic you are using towards yourself. They aren't often such confident people. So, could it just be that he's looking for someone who will understand him, someone whom he finds he's comfortable with and whom he knows he can talk to? First of all, him asking you out to the cinema was not him asking you out on a date, so it wasn't necessarily romantic, even if you fantasise that it might be. He was just being friendly, probably.
I think you're being really hard on yourself, re looks. He probably doesn't care about your looks, he's probably just looking for someone he can trust, someone he enjoys being with, and obviously not a female. What's wrong with that? Do you suppose that all his friends are as good looking as him? Maybe he's also incredibly lonely. Being too beautiful can really isolate a person too.
If you care about him, then I think it's time you did the inviting. Say you're sorry you couldn't go to the cinema with him last time, but be grateful and thank him for the sweet gesture. Don't expose your lie unnecessarily. But invite him to do something fun with you. See if he still wants to be with you,, that should put out all doubt about his intentions.

I'm currently in the same position on the other side though! My buddy is overweight and shorter than me. He doesn't necessarily take the best care of his face. On the other hand, I'm taller, I take care of my face, skin, and hair. Not to mention I work out almost daily. There are lots of people that crush on my constantly. I'm infatuated with him. To me, he is perfect just the way he is because his personality makes me feel like I'm in heaven when I'm with him. When someone finds someone like that, it doesn't matter how ugly the person is. To me, someone that many people consider decent looking at best is the perfect man while tons of people feel that way about me. To top it off, he has absolutely no feelings (I swear I'm not as conceded as I sound.) Anyways, my point is, you can be an ugly troll and still not like a hot guy if you don't care for them that way and you can be a hot guy that loves an ugly guy if you love them for who they are. He obviously likes you for who you are and I think you should treasure that and do not let the feelings of not being good enough for him ruin your relationship with him! Good luck! And please don't be so hard on yourself!

You son of a bitch....

If you end up letting this opportunity pass you by because "wahh... why would anyone like me? Boo hoo. I don't think I'm attractive" I swear to Christ I'll find you and slap the shit outta you. What are you, a cyclops? He likes you... idiot.

And I don't even care about YOU or your feelings. This is about ME, dammit. You do this for ME!!!

"And I don't even care about YOU or your feelings. This is about ME, dammit. You do this for ME!!!"

Wow, who are you to me? Why should I do anything for you?

Well, anyway, I'm updating this to tell that I accepted his offer and we went to see a movie yesterday. The movie basically was the only thing that was good. We almost didn't speak to each other and I realized that I was right, he was probably so bored with me that he preferred to stay silent. Well, that definitely was something I won't repeat.

Anonymous Wrote:I still have pimples that spoil my face a lot and I'm chubby, approximately 40 pounds overweight. I do my best to take care of myself, I shower everyday, use deodorant, care for my hair, etc, but still I'm not that kind of guy someone would like to see next to him. I've never had a boyfriend, not even a hookup and I'm very quiet, introvert person.

a unbelievably handsome guy. He looks like a male model you can see in a fashion magazines.

I'd go out with you.
I wouldn't go out with him.

Not because I consider him out of reach or anything, but simply because I don't find that kind of type attractive. At all.
I wish non-model types would stop thinking so little of themselves Sad
You should talk to him. Apologize for assuming he would do such rude things and ask him out!

Edit:
Two introverts will have a hard time getting to know each other. And it's not like as if you can have conversations in the cinema. If you're into him and he's into you, there's no reason not to try again!