Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why you DON'T need to shower with soap
I've known this for ages.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/10/15...with-soap/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The dermatology i go to recommends using Aqueous cream to was in as a soap substitute, makes me feel worse though lol

Northlad Wrote:The dermatology i go to recommends using Aqueous cream to was in as a soap substitute, makes me feel worse though lol

In a recent BBC report Aqueous cream came out with pretty low ratings. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11564662) Why continue to use it if it makes you feel worse? You need to avoid anything that contains sodium lauryl sulphate.

Most soaps wash out the natural oils in your skin that help to keep it healthy. That's why I only use soap when I wash my hands or if I've managed to get some real dirt on me. I do have the habit of washing my hands each time I get home since I have been touching heavens knows what. A large percentage of people don't wash their hands after going to the lavatory so if you use public transport for instance, and hang on to a grab bar, it's more than likely that you'll be picking up something pretty nasty. But let common sense prevail, we need bacteria, some of them are useful and some help you reinforce your immune system.

LONDONER Wrote:In a recent BBC report Aqueous cream came out with pretty low ratings. Why continue to use it if it makes you feel worse?

Most soaps wash out the natural oils in your skin that help to keep it healthy. That's why I only use soap when I wash my hands or if I've managed to get some real dirt on me. I do have the habit of washing my hands each time I get home since I have been touching heavens knows what. A large percentage of people don't wash their hands after going to the lavatory so if you use public transport for instance, and hang on to a grab bar, it's more than likely that you'll be picking up something pretty nasty. But let common sense prevail, we need bacteria, some of them are useful and some help you reinforce your immune system.

I stopped using it after the first time lol so i didnt take on their recommendation. I wash my hands when home from work asap as i deal with money all day lol imagine the filth? also i have OCD

Good for you Northlad. I edited my post after you had read it so there is a little more information.

I have to be careful what i use due to my skin complaints.

I dated a handsome young Airman back in '99, who had the most beautifully flawless skin. After we started sleeping together, I would sometimes spend the night with him in his dorm on the air force base. The first morning after I stayed the night, we showered together and I asked him where the soap was. He told me he didn't use soap, and initially I was flabbergasted! However, after he explained that he had NEVER used soap, and just showered with a wash cloth, and I realized that must have contributed to his incredible complexion. Nor did he use deodorant! Even with his AirForce-mandated morning run, he always smelled lovely!

SO...I stopped using soap then and there! It took about a month for my skin to adapt, but I have never had an acne breakout since! About a year later, I stopped using deodorant and haven't had any trouble with body oder either!

~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:I dated a handsome young Airman back in '99, who had the most beautifully flawless skin. After we started sleeping together, I would sometimes spend the night with him in his dorm on the air force base. The first morning after I stayed the night, we showered together and I asked him where the soap was. He told me he didn't use soap, and initially I was flabbergasted! However, after he explained that he had NEVER used soap, and just showered with a wash cloth, and I realized that must have contributed to his incredible complexion. Nor did he use deodorant! Even with his AirForce-mandated morning run, he always smelled lovely!

SO...I stopped using soap then and there! It took about a month for my skin to adapt, but I have never had an acne breakout since! About a year later, I stopped using deodorant and haven't had any trouble with body oder either!

~Beaux

How do you cope with crotch smell lol also if i dont wash i get that horrible greasy feeling on my face and makes me feel worse

Beaux Wrote:I dated a handsome young Airman back in '99, who had the most beautifully flawless skin. After we started sleeping together, I would sometimes spend the night with him in his dorm on the air force base. The first morning after I stayed the night, we showered together and I asked him where the soap was. He told me he didn't use soap, and initially I was flabbergasted! However, after he explained that he had NEVER used soap, and just showered with a wash cloth, and I realized that must have contributed to his incredible complexion. Nor did he use deodorant! Even with his AirForce-mandated morning run, he always smelled lovely!

~Beaux

Sounds exacly like me except I'm not handsome.

Northlad Wrote:How do you cope with crotch smell lol also if i dont wash i get that horrible greasy feeling on my face and makes me feel worse

The original article says that you only need to use soap under your arms and in the groin. I have never had a greasy feeling on my face from not using soap and more than one person has commented positively on my skin.