Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why you DON'T need to shower with soap
LONDONER Wrote:The original article says that you only need to use soap under your arms and in the groin. I have never had a greasy feeling on my face from not using soap and more than one person has commented positively on my skin.

I need to read the article lol i was purely commenting having not read it haha

Alto Wrote:I have always been aware of this too, most times I just soap my hands in the shower. I used to go swimming with friends and when it came to the shower they use like half a bottle of shower gel. I dont get it, people just dont understand their own body

My ocd in years past caused me to use full bottles in one shower, i try to limit the soap i used too now. I prefer bar soap due to less packaging too.

More information about SLS:

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/issues/health...h-sulfate/

http://slsfree.net/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Alto Wrote:I have always been aware of this too, most times I just soap my hands in the shower. I used to go swimming with friends and when it came to the shower they use like half a bottle of shower gel. I dont get it, people just dont understand their own body

also tend to use carex or sanex, lynx is horrible

Be careful and check if any of those contain SLS.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

For deodorant im careful as that can flare up my under arm, so i use little if non. Started using non most days though lol I do use scent though.

Northlad Wrote:How do you cope with crotch smell lol also if i dont wash i get that horrible greasy feeling on my face and makes me feel worse

Like I said, it took approximately a month for my skin to "even-out". At first, my face (and my croch) got oily, but I stayed the course and neither become oily in the least now.

~Beaux

My doctor has sentenced me to Dove soap. Since I have a bathtub rather than a shower, once I soap the necessary places there is plenty of soap wandering around in the water to get the rest of me clean. You don't want to use very hot water either or you will end u stripping all the oils from your skin.

I stopped using deodorant better than 50 years ago. Haven't missed it.

Having a stack of clean face cloths available is a great idea.

I do know someone who says that it is not good to use soap on your face but the cloth only.

Please don't tell this stuff to the person behind the cosmetics counter. You might hurt their feelings.
I bid NO Trump!

I never knew this. I showered everyday with soap. Ill start limiting my soap usage now and plus I havent used deodorant in years also. I never smelt so I really didnt see the point in it.

Alto Wrote:I only use anti perpespirant and only in hot humid weather, hate deodrant on my skin

Stings my arms deo, antiperspirant seems to just get all over me lol the powder that is

Different strokes, I guess. I smell terrible if I don't use deodorant. It is all a matter of what your body puts out. The bacteria that feast on certain particulates in your sweat may be more common in some people than others. I also tend to break out if I don't wash excess sebum off with rubbing alcohol (I use the same 98% isopropyl to wash my face as I do my speaker equipment and electronics). Feels heavy, gets shiny, and is gross if I don't.

Then again, I have very tough skin. I do use matte lotion after cleaning to keep oil from making me look shiny during the day. I prefer to look dry and clean.