Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wierd Cravings
Interesting, Rareboy. Maybe that is why I was told long ago to gargle with vinegar for a sore throat. I always thought it was to cut the phlegm, but maybe turning things acidic is behind it, too.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Ach!!

Five Guys french fries are an invention of the devil! While I think the rest of their stuff sucks at best, the fries, when gotten straight from the fryer and eaten immediately are irresistable. Crunchy on the outside and very soft on the inside, they are like grandma used to make by hand when she cut them with a paring knife and fried them in a dutch oven full of fat. They are also so salty that your cardiologist would faint. Five Guys fries are a meal in themselves and should not be accompanied by one of their mediocre, over-hyped burgers. Thank you, devil.

That is all.

LOL...I know....right? The fries are wicked good.

Here is the thing...I usually don't eat fries for no other reason than I don't really care for them normally...and ironically FIVE GUYS opened about 20 feet from the doorway to one of the locations of the gym I go to....LOL...

So...this very charming rockabilly type guy lured me in from outside on my first visit with the promise of a taste sensation which ended up being a bag of fries cooked in peanut oil...

I didn't really WANT the fries but I am a pushover once a guy charms me (which made me a good and a bad bartender LOL)....and so I tried them and O M G ...they are waaaayyyyy too good ...and so very very bad...

Thankfully I haven't craved them yet......

As for the burgers...I don't really like the taste of beef very much but if I must eat a burger I like it to be fresh versus processed and frozen...and they have that going for them. Plus...the list of ingredients include raw and cooked onion and jalapenos so it helps alot....

I am also pyschologically pleased and manipulated by the fact that they are hand formed and wrapped in regular tin foil versus some kind of prepared packaging....it definitely sways me...

Hardheaded1 Wrote:I'll bet Virge can't have those meats because of the iron content. He can't have iron in his food.

ACK...Virge...I am sorry....I forgot....

If it helps...I lied about FIVE GUYS...the food sucks....you aren't missing anything Smileydies

Hardheaded1 Wrote:I'll bet Virge can't have those meats because of the iron content. He can't have iron in his food.

I love the thread, East. I'm trying to think of my cravings. Living alone, and not being healthy, I eat pretty much what I want, with the exception of a few foods that are too bothersome to make.

I like chicken livers fried, and I do indeed assume it is the iron that makes them appealing. Rarely ever make them, and don't know any place here that even serves them.

Also, I love shrimp boiled in the spices with the shell on. Growing up relatively near the Gulf of Mexico puts that in my blood. I miss it.

I crave the concentrated flavor of the peach filling in peach fried pies. It isn't fresh fruit, but dried peaches that the old women made them with, and it is a conserve when boiled and is a densely peach flavor. I miss it so.

Also, fresh peaches. Neither Alaska nor New Mexico has peaches worth a damn. I used to pick 200 lbs. in about an hour in 102 degree heat, but it was so worth it. They have a fragrance and flavor that is about the same difference as fresh pineapple compared to canned.

Ahh. That was nice. Thanks for the memories.

Oh yeah...I hear you on the peaches...and I would add white nectarines with that since they both seem to be ripe at the same time....I consume alot of peaches when they are at their peak of flavor.

I have a guy at the farmers market from Mexico who is very sweet...he picks the fruit out for me and knows when the peaches (and everything else) is most flavorful....

He pretty much decides what I am going to buy...I trust him...very sexy man I might add....(and his peaches are delicious:biggrin: ) I like it when he grabs my hand and shows me how to thump the watermelons...he is kinda flirty about it...he has shown me the same things MANY TIMES LOL

Rareboy Wrote:The cravings are actually for a mineral or nutritional ingredient in the food product.

I wonder what nutritional ingredients of Twinkies, Grape Nuts Flakes and Mocha Mix my body desperately needs. Smile

Lex

Liver and onions, love it.

Virge Wrote:I'm getting suicidal reading this. hahahahahaha!

I don't fantasize about wild sex when I turn off the lights and get ready to sleep. It's always a plate of french fries as thick as much thumb, drenched in catsup, at triple decker cheeseburger loaded with grease and everything that can be put on one -- a giant bowl of home made chili with a mound of hot peppers on top -- and an giant pork chop with gravy for dessert.
He aint lying. The foods he cant eat are the reason he wont watch much tv. He goes hostile about food commercials.

East Wrote:LOL...do you ever eat at FIVE GUYS?
San Diego 2008-9 I bet we ate 5 guys 3 times a week. Now you got me wanting to do a roadtrip.

Thats right.

I crave the concentrated flavor of the peach filling in peach fried pies. It isn't fresh fruit, but dried peaches that the old women made them with, and it is a conserve when boiled and is a densely peach flavor. I miss it so.

Also, fresh peaches. Neither Alaska nor New Mexico has peaches worth a damn. I used to pick 200 lbs. in about an hour in 102 degree heat, but it was so worth it. They have a fragrance and flavor that is about the same difference as fresh pineapple compared to canned.
[SIZE="5"]Peaches? try eating one you buy in south dakota. They taste like sweet water to me. No peach flavor at all. When I was a kid in Bama we had 6 old peach trees that went ripe at different times. After eating fresh peaches so long its hard to each the ones I find in stores.
[/SIZE]

East Wrote:ACK...Virge...I am sorry....I forgot....
If it helps...I lied about FIVE GUYS...the food sucks....you aren't missing anything Smileydies

Nice try with the lie. If you ask him every state theres a 5 guys he knows it. Same for Whataburger.

Borg69 Wrote:DEVILED EGGS!!! I Love/Crave deviled eggs!

that's what i had today for my eggs' cravings. i still want more.

What's this about deviled eggs and fried chicken livers? Have to make my own deviled eggs. Have neer seen them on a restaurant menu. Probably because they could not keep up with demand.

We have a place here that does chicken livers RIGHT. The place is basically Greek so there is some oregano in the seasoning. The best part is that I am able to tell the cook that if he cooks them one degree past medium I will make him eat the result with no beer to help the dryness. They are a real treat for me. Must go soon. The place also has feta that is the best I have ever had. I think they import it because I can't find any that is nearly as good. In the summer when the local tomatoes are in they do a Country Greek Salad that is just flat out perfect: tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, onions, kalamata olives, feta, homemade vinaigrette, and I like anchovies on it. The result is much, much more than the sum of its parts. Fresh bread to go with it and......!!!!!!!!!!!
!
I bid NO Trump!

Lexington Wrote:I wonder what nutritional ingredients of Twinkies, Grape Nuts Flakes and Mocha Mix my body desperately needs. Smile

Lex
The preservatives!
ElkgrinElkgrinElkgrin
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.