Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone
Hey is it a good idea to jailbreak my phone. I can't buy anything from apple store, so I have to look for free apps. You see I don't own a credit card only have a visa debit card and ur won't accept it. I calked apple and they said get another card Sad
Which I'm not going to do. So I thought of jailbreak.

It can void your warranty, so if you can afford to lose an iPhone, then by all means.

An itunes card or pre-paid visa on the other hand won't void your warranty.

Scotty Wrote:Hey is it a good idea to jailbreak my phone. I can't buy anything from apple store, so I have to look for free apps. You see I don't own a credit card only have a visa debit card and ur won't accept it. I calked apple and they said get another card Sad
Which I'm not going to do. So I thought of jailbreak.

No don't do it, doing that it can also leave your phone open to malicious software which could also damage your phone. Scotty what u can do is get an iTunes card it's like a little top up card, u scratch off the back and enter the code in the iTunes or app store and it credits your account with money that u can spend on apps. You can buy these anywhere, ASDA, Tesco's GAME just about anywhere, just make sure they activate your card at the till (scan it) they usually give u a receipt. Also a little secret between you and me, if you buy a £25 iTunes card at Boots (the chemist) you can get it for £20 don't ask me why but they have some sort of crazy deal going on. I hope this helps.

P.s. never use your credit or debit card for iTunes I know it's the easy option but I personally don't think it's secure enough to warrant using them.

iPhones have not been working well with the new ios5, especially the older models like the 3gs. If the jailbreak application locks up mid way you would have bricked the phone.

Many for cost apps have a 99% functional no cost application. For example the gps street map app TomTom costs $40.00 (usd) but the mapQuest application is free. the mapQuest app works well, lasts a long time.

there should be 2 parts to a jailBreak app. The second part should restore your previous operating system back to apple standards. JailBreak apps have been around since the iPhone came out, look for one with good reviews.