Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild boar in the Prague city center
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Here in the states if a wild boar entered a typical town the townfolks have a BBQ.

We got guns, we shoot, then have a nice dinner....

If the wild boar population is too high do expect more of them to be coming into the city. There are places in the USA where there is boar season, some years one can bag many more boar than other years - all in attempt to keep their population in check.

Boar are not native to the Americas, thus have no natural predators to keep them in heck - aside from humans.

They don't have any enemies here either, but it is not allowed to kill them. Only gamekeepers/huntsmen with the license can and only in certain time of the year. We have herds of them in the forest near our house. When they have babies it is not safe to go to forests. I met a herd once face to face. It wasn't very pleasant feeling.

They are also dangerous for car-drivers.

They put the boar asleep and took him out of the town. No one ate him Rolleyes (as far as I know :biggrinSmile

My dad used to have a the head of a boar he hunted mounted up on the wall - wonder whatever happened to that fella