Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I ever be able to have sex?
I found out yesterday after a colonoscopy (worst thing I've ever done) that I have internal hemorrhoids and a perianal rash. I got hydrocortisone cream as a prescription (REALLY? :mad: as if I never tried that before) and nothing works. I have had this pain, burning, and rectal bleeding for years, but haven't gotten any relief from anything or any doctor. Will I ever be able to bottom? I want to ask my doctor, but it all sounds strange and it's easier to do over the computer.

Not trying to be humorous, but this too shall pass. Internal hemorrhoids are no damned fun, but they can be deal with. Discuss the possible treatments with your doctor. A friend had a prolapse and internal hemorrhoids which required a good deal of work but he is fine now. You can do some reference work on the net which may help to answer some of you questions. Certainly study up on the benefits of high fiber diet and how to work toward it. You will end up eating much more healthily.

As for the sex part, is there a men's clinic in your area that specializes in helping gay people? You may find it easier to talk there.

Good luck. Work with your doctor and make sure he knows about the pain and ask for all the help you need. You can get over this.
I bid NO Trump!

Also, if you're talking with your doctor about options in treatment (for example, my father had some surgery done where they remove them?) you will need to let your doctor know you plan on having anal sex. It will help give him a better picture of your needs as well as what procedures will be more effective for you.

You may well have to have outpatient surgery to deal with the hemorrhoids. I remember when I lived near West Hollywood, there were ads in the papers from doctors who specialized in this.

Really you should not be shy at all about talking with your doctor about your concerns and your options. Write it down first and hand it to him if you can't say it. He's seen it all and heard it all probably a few dozen times in the last month alone. Remember, to your proctologist, you're just another a-hole!

Maybe you should see a good gastroenterologist for an examination and consultation. Have you ever seen one? (as opposed to a regular internist) - Assuming you were sedated for the colonoscopy, you probably didn't hear/understand/remember whatever the doc told you afterward - no one does. As for the hydrocortisone prescription - it is undoubtedly much much stronger than anything you could get over the counter.

How is your diet? Are you eating poorly?

What is the root of your internal hemorrhoids?

Vidas hits the nail on the head. It depends on the underlying cause.

And that I fear is most likely an unknown.

Quote:[B]What causes hemorrhoids?[/B]

Experts are divided on exactly what causes hemorrhoids, but probably several mechanisms are at work. Traditionally, hemorrhoids are associated with chronic constipation, straining during bowel movements, and prolonged sitting on the toilet — all of which interfere with blood flow to and from the area, causing it to pool and enlarge the vessels. This also explains why hemorrhoids are common during pregnancy, when the enlarging uterus presses on the veins.
More recent studies show that patients with hemorrhoids tend to have a higher resting anal canal tone — that is, the smooth muscle of the anal canal tends to be tighter than average (even when not straining). Constipation adds to these troubles, because straining during a bowel movement increases pressure in the anal canal and pushes the hemorrhoids against the sphincter muscle. Finally, the connective tissues that support and hold hemorrhoids in place can weaken with age, causing hemorrhoids to bulge and prolapse.

Source: http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/H...t_them.htm

As Dr. Joe admits:

Quote:So what causes these little bundles of joy? Truth is, we don’t really know for sure. Hemorrhoids are associated with chronic constipation, occupations that involve prolonged sitting or standing, pregnancy, obesity, chronic diarrhea, and the abuse of laxatives — in essence, conditions that produce straining or increased intra-abdominal pressure or conditions that cause chronic irritation to the anal canal.

Source: http://www.emandlo.com/2012/02/dear-dr-j...morrhoids/

The underlying truth here is no one understands fully 'why' the human ass is so weak that it pops blood vessels, herniates and prolapses and does all manner of odd things it really shouldn't oughta be doing. No science has not answered every question. I hate to tell you this but your species pretends to know it all, it actually knows very little. We elves are amused at that. :biggrin:

Now there are a few things you can do to change your life style habits that may have an impact on what happens in/up your arse:

Quote:My recommendation? If you know you have hemorrhoids, treat them properly before attempting anal sex. Oftentimes, hemorrhoids will spontaneously resolve by increasing dietary fiber, maintaining good hydration, and moving about a bit during the workday. If that doesn’t do the trick, see a surgeon. There are a multitude of treatments that he or she can offer.

Source: http://www.emandlo.com/2012/02/dear-dr-j...morrhoids/

You have seen a doctor, have you made any lifestyle changes that may impact the outcome here?

Unfortunately neither I nor Dr Joe knows your case intimately. We don't know how bad those hemorrhoids are. Frankly if you have been bleeding for years it sounds really bad - perhaps sounds far worse than it really is.

Understand that medicine is designed to address a uniform "average" human being. Problem is no one is actually average and each case varies depending on the individual. Any internet advice is going to be very limited and directed at the 'average' human being and not directed at you specifically.

As such, you need to discuss with your doctor everything.

It sounds to me you just recently started addressing this issue. Colonoscopys are the first step in diagnosis, hydrocortisone creams are the first step treatment option. The way medicine works is that doctor starts off with a list of symptoms, then treats the most common issue/ailment that suits that set of symptoms. When there is an issue like hemorrhoids, the first step is as non-evasive as possible (creams and pills and assorted lifestyle changes). If the first diagnoses or first treatment doesn't work, then the doctor will move on to more advanced forms of treatment.

So will the cream work? Unknown. It has been known to work in sufficient cases to be a viable first treatment option - again on the average human being. This may do the trick and you may walk away from it with a solution.

Or, you may be outside the parameters of 'average' sufficient to require more advanced treatment options, such as surgery. http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/H...t_them.htm is an interesting read.

This is something that you really, really must discuss with your own doctor, who has your file and is familiar with your case. We don't know your case so can only guess that on the "average human being" one of those treatment options will fix you all up and eventually you will be able to have your ass fucked.

Most people I know don't even come close to getting enough fiber and water. Make sure you get plenty of those! As stated above, you might have to change your dietary habits, but it will be good for you overall.