Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can I kiss my bf?
Or well just drink a couple beers... I do loosen up a bit after a few drinks lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

LJay Wrote:Gentlemen, the solution is simple. Just carry an empty beer can with you at all times.

I once read that two American males can do anything short of orgasm as long as there is beer involved. That being the case, just wave the beer can around and people will just think you are two guys on a bender.

that doesn't work on this side of the pond (at least not on the continent).

by the way, Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson asked for a kiss from his friend Hardy, commander of Nelson's flagship in his last moments. even Middle East itself was publicly expressive and much more tolerant in showing intimacy between men not so long ago.

two men kissing is such an overblown non-issue. people taking offense at it says a lot more about their insecurities than even about the sexuality of those kissing. in Italy men kiss each other our of courtesy, for crying out loud. get over yourselves.

i hug one of my straight friends often, whether in public or private (really hug him, not some half-assed attempt at it). i love it, he loves it, that's all that matters. men need physical affection too.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Meh things are different in various countries. Like waving at people can be very rude in some countries, like what's the big deal about waving?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I have kissed my past boyfriends in public, will do the same in the future.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Cellar Dweller, if they are your past boyfriends, why ae you still kissing them? {ba dump bump]

Who kisses whom is obviously a matter of cultural context. Good manners would ask us to determine whether the context is appropriate before doing a number of things, be they kissing, wearing shoes, eating with our fingers, or whatever. While I am pretty difficult to offend, the ladies at the church where I work are somewhat more sensitive. Let's face it, this is not a simple matter of an on-off switch.

It is sad and difficult to contemplate that two men kissing in Miami may have caused such offense as to lead to the deaths of 50 i Orlando, but that is perhaps the case. Puts a heavy cast on "Oh, it doesn't matter to me or my boyfriend, so we will just go ahead whenever," doesn't it?
I bid NO Trump!

Even though the town I live in seems like it's a very gay friendly town, I very rarelly see gay guy kiss. I even rarelly see a gay couple, hmm.
It would be interesting to see what kind of reactions a gay couple would get here.

If I was together with someone I really liked and was really in love with, I wouldn't have any trouble showing my love for the guy in public.

I wouldn't have an issue with it despite the risks. Then again I'm lucky to live and work in a very progressive area of my city. In fact you see same sex couples that are clearly on dates quite frequently and no one really cares. I probably would be more hesitant if I lived in a rural area.

Hmmm depends on the type of kiss I guess.

artyboy Wrote:Hmmm depends on the type of kiss I guess.

Yeah, for sure. I think it's a little much for ANY couple, gay or straight, to be seriously making out on the train or at Starbucks. But a brief, affectionate kiss is cool. There was this guy sitting at a table in a local cafe with a toddler in his lap. Another guy (his partner, I guess) came along, kissed the baby and then the guy before he sat down. I thought it was sweet, and the other people around seemed to think so too.