Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will gays ever be the dominant group in society?
Do you believe gays will outnumber heterosexuals? if so, then what will happen to the future of this generation?

These are not questions of mine, but some concerns that some people in my life have and I do not have any answers to this question. I really don't know how to answer this question at all.

questioning9 Wrote:Do you believe gays will outnumber heterosexuals? if so, then what will happen to the future of this generation?

Those concerns should not be concerns. The ONLY way this could happen is if some currently imaginary superflu targeted everyone but those who are gay, so say only 1% of the population was no longer gay. And is this ever going to happen? Of course not. Heck, I normally have a superstitious feeling about tempting or daring fate, but this is so impossible to me that not even that can stop me from saying this. Of course if that DID happen, then the superflu would be the focus on everything, and worries that it would mutate to affect everyone else, and questions of only gays being immune (for the moment) would be the primary issue over everything else (but you can bet that the same people who say AIDS is God's punishment against gays would NOT be attributing divine intervention for such a superflu that left gays alone).

So let's instead go with the absurd notion that everyone who is straight becomes gay, and everyone gay becomes straight (so that it's inversed).

Gods, I can't even...long story short, society would essentially remain the same for better and for worse the same way that if left handed people were to become dominant, the changes would be mostly cosmetic as people are still people beyond these details (that are only a big deal because we make them a big deal as a society).

But let's get to the point that these people (assuming they're your usual idiots who bring this up) are concerned about: will the human race go extinct? No. Gays and lesbians have children in many ways and don't require adoption. They can also get pregnant while pretending to be straight, and in such a world where human population is such a concern (which is NOT a concern today, if anything it's the opposite as our numbers grow too large for the planet to sustain us which will almost certainly lead us to another war, possibly a world war, because of billions of people breeding like mad), then sperm banks can handle the problem quite easily...though frankly, I'd hope that the population WOULD go down for a few generations first, as it would be better for both the earth and the human race.

Btw, this would not be true of the elderly, say if nearly everyone was over the age of 60. But do the same people who cite concerns about the ability of the human race to procreate raise such a stink when the elderly marry? No. Because they're homophobes rather than elderphobes, so they only make tempests out of teapots in order to justify their idiotic and irrational concerns over gays (while they're not as irrational over the elderly) that they can only come up with BS like the human race will go extinct if even a handful of gays can marry, to justify the continuation of inequality under the law for gay people. But this "reasoning" on their part is so stupid that I think anyone who says that...SIGH. I'm just going to have to stop, this common stupidity really riles me up.

If anyone brings up that the human race will go extinct if gays can marry (and you don't choose to leave the presence of such epic idiots) then perhaps you can paraphrase Ellie from the novel Contact by Carl Sagan:

Quote:"What do I think of 'the world population crisis'?" Ellie was saying. "You mean am I for it or against it? You think this is a key question I'm going to be asked on Vega, and you want to make sure I give the right answer? Okay. Overpopulation is why I'm in favor of homosexuality and a celibate clergy. A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

Ellie waited, deadpan, indeed frozen, for the next question.

Sorry, I'm just too tired tonight to go in to a lengthy discussion about this but my answer is "no". There's simply no possibility that homosexuality will ever be the dominant sexual orientation. We're in the minority and will remain so for the forseeable future.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

You have betters odds of a zombie apocalypse.

questioning9 Wrote:Do you believe gays will outnumber heterosexuals? if so, then what will happen to the future of this generation?

These are not questions of mine, but some concerns that some people in my life have and I do not have any answers to this question. I really don't know how to answer this question at all.

Nope. That would likely mean the extinction of the human race...

Think about it this way, if there were more people that were gay than straight, there would be less straight couples having babies. If the trend were to go on long enough the world's population would decline.

Right now the gay population, depending on where you are, is somewhere between 3-10%... So that would be a pretty profound change.

If you're talking about being popularized or accepted. I do think in a couple generations people will be more accepting of gay people, it is happening now but like any other major social change it takes some time and with a fight.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Straight people reproduce, gays (mostly) don't. Straight folks outnumber gay folks.

The answer will be a "no" here.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

In certain neighborhoods, yes. Gays outnumber hets. Then the gays fix up all the houses and open up awesome shops, bars, gyms, and restaurants. Then the hets move in and jack up all the prices so the gays find another neighborhood, and the process starts all over again. Gay dominance doesn't last long, because we're so awesome the hets latch onto everything we create.

As long as a female is needed to reproduce, then no.

Not unless you really are sinners and god raptures everyone else.

Lesbians don't need straight men in order to have kids. They can use semen from donors.