Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will he break my heart again?
I'm John, 18, from greece and after loosing every hope about finding a guy, I met Pete.

It was love at first site. We started talking and after a while i came out to him, he did too and we started dating. I never felt so ecstatic in my life before.

A day after coming out we decided to make up. He was so shy and so cute at the same time. The experience was great, we both seemed to love it.

I was looking forward for our next meeting but that noon he told me via internet that after our kiss he's not sure he's gay or straight (btw he acts as if his the gayest man on earth) and that he has done stuff with a woman but felt nothing, he was confused.

My heart broke! I thought i had found what i was searching for and then lost it. He kept asking me to keep trying so that he could figure out what he wants, I told him not to play with my feelings, logged out and cried a little bit.

The thing is that it's been two days, i'm back to normal and i think i want to try it. No strings attached, no feeling involved. I'll make out with him till he realizes what he wants.

Have you ever been in a similar situation? What should we do with bi-curious guys? Should i give it a try or leave it before i get more hurt?

(sorry if there are any mistakes, i'm greek)

Your English is clear enough, don't worry about it, and WELCOME!

You and Pete need to talk more before you start diving into the "maybe, if" scenarios. He needs time to figure out what he really wants, and you can't make that decision for him. If he needs space to think about it, give it to him, but let him know you very much want to be with him, and will be ready to talk with him when he wants to. Above all, don't be pushy.

Hello John, and Welcome to GaySpeak. There is a chance that Pete doesn't really know what he wants yet, and just as it has probably revolutionised your world to discover that you were gay, it's probably also playing with his head and heart. He's probably really scared right now. Greek society isn't really that open to gays yet, is it? Maybe he's having to re-think his future totally and that takes time. If you are already considering that he's your "boyfriend" because you've made out once (or twice), you might be making a mistake as to how much he needs the relationship. Make sure that you are clear about whether you want this relationship to be unique and monogamous, or whether you are open to him trying something with different guys, which technically should make you able to have different relationships with other guys too. Until you two are definitely committed to each other, and have made a pledge to be faithful in your relationship, it's difficult to define the relationship as a unique or monogamous one. The day you agree to set down the rules about who you are loving and seeing is when things get serious and committed. The best you can do is talk and give him space if he needs it, as Counselor said before.
Gia sou!