Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the human neck evolve?
meridannight Wrote:far from ''may not be as good as a biological one yet''. it's completely laughable. it's worse than eyes that have extremely poor vision.

(also you're bringing a prosthetic eye as an example to a discussion about screens in the retina and cell phones in the brain. the two are completely different concepts technologically, and incomparable. so the talk about prosthetic eyes doesn't lead anywhere to further the credibility of screens inside the eye).

these replacement ''eyes'' are for people who've lost their vision. and nobody would choose them, unless they were completely blind. i get that technology can evolve, but some things are undoable. screens inside an eye are undoable. unless they find a way to evolve the eye genetically, so that a screen in the eye is the most optimal way for an eye to exist. and that is not possible. it's complete nonsense and bullshit.

this will never happen. it's pure science fiction.

Man will never fly...
Man will never get to the moon...

I think we can list a lot of 'its pure science fiction' that is now science fact.

While true, the current technology isn't perfect, there is a lot of current technologies that started off rather imperfect, from telephones to TV sets, and computers - this last being kinda important because today computers are the hidden infrastructure that make your world possible.

[Image: fordfst.jpg]

Top speed: 20 miles per hour.

[Image: hennessey_venom_gt_270.4_mph_ksc_800px-1...k=fw4B29aL]

Top speed: 270.49mph

[Image: dkmb86g_487pr55s2hc_b.jpg]

[Image: iphone6-select-2014?wid=1200&hei=630&fmt...1520633220]

42 years of innovation has turned the cell phone into a portable computer that far outstrips the processing power of desktops used in the 20th century.

With the advances of technology of the past 100 or so years, especially with the advent of the 20th century, I seriously doubt any of us can look at a new break through technology and call it 'pure science fiction'.

Hell, they are already working on warp drive equations... Warp Drive - a product of 'pure science fiction' in the last century has turned out to be science FACT and math in the 21st century.

And yes prothestics does play a role here. The innovation of being able to hook up technology to the wetware of the human nervous system opens the doors for many other technologies beyond mere replacement limbs and organs for humans. It opens up the door to interfaces between hardware and wet ware which didn't exist 10 years, 20 years ago.

They (science) has tapped into the very fabric of the human nervous system to give simple light sensing ability to a blind man. This opens the door to tapping directly into the optical centers of the brain and allowing us to implant images in the brain completely by-passing the eyeball.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bra...a+computer is a lot of sites which discuss the human brain/computer interfacing subject. Like it or not the time is coming when computer and human body will merge.

As for people choosing to replace their 'organic' eyes with bionic eyes - I think you underestimate your fellow man. We already have people who tattoo, pierce and add bits of metal and other crap to their body just for looks. Once technology becomes implantable, and if it appears to have any advantage over conventional (present) interfaces I assure you the lines to have the eyes replaced will rival the lines for the iPhone6.

All you have to do is look around you and see how tech-crazy the average person is to get a good idea of just how far and willing humans are to get the latest gadget... even if its installed gadget.

Honestly, in the past 20 years the world has gone from a few cellphones to everyone must to have the latest iPhone and be in the cloud.

It is a status thing, and I assure you if losing your biological eyeball to get an implant becomes a status symbol people will line up to have their eyes removed.

You are underestimating people. A lot more than may be wise.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Man will never fly...
Man will never get to the moon...

I think we can list a lot of 'its pure science fiction' that is now science fact.

man doesn't, in fact, fly. airplanes and helicopters fly.

i am not arguing against the evolution of technology, or the fact that it can't be advanced. i am arguing against a very specific idea, that a screen inside an eyeball is a viability. that is complete and utter absurdity. you cannot supply power to it there, you cannot send a wireless input signal (you need an actual antenna for it, again taking up physical space, an eyeball is only so large, you know. you can't fit stuff in there without destroying/harming it physiologically). it can't be done.

how does a car's top speed of 270 mph advance toward proving a screen inside an eyeball is possible? how does a touchscreen smartphone prove a screen can be put inside the eye? why are you quoting those here? they're a completely different technology. if you think a screen inside an eye is a possible option, explain how would you get it there then?

just because technology advances, doesn't mean everything is possible. in fact, everything is not possible. man cannot grow wings. screen inside an eye is an impossibility.

unless you have one such eye to show to me, or a theory that makes it practically applicable, you're not going anywhere with this argument.