Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime?
That was what I went to Google for and read the first ten entries under "Permanent cure, AIDS." All I got were blogs.

If there were a permanent cure for aids, I think the CBS Evening News would have blasted the news to the world.

Are they even looking for a permanent cure?

Will we ever know a life of natural unprotected sex?

I mean it is not like GLBT lost interest in the subject. What gives? Where are the update?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="5"]
Do you have information or links you can contribute?
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="3"]
Give me a lead and I will research it.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[Image: aids1.gif]

I'm sure there is a cure but they are making money from all the charities right now so they will never announce a cure until they drain the sources dry.

hey do dont cure something that you can sell druge just to keep you liveing and slow down the related illnecesses like they probly arn't doing that much researc in the eradicating of hiv just finding how to keep the people healther so they can make more money to pay for manintes druges. look how many billions they lost when they slowed dowwn polio theey are learning how to better keep things going

Virus's have a habit of evolving, they are a life form that can adapt and become resistant to medications and various cocktails. I believe it when they say that still don't fully understand the virus and there is no known cure for HIV.

They are still studying people who seem to be resistant to the virus to fully understand why and how, and how to use that in developing a cure...BUT will those that are resistant to the virus always be resistant to the virus as it mutates to ensure it's own survival?

You just have to remember when someone says HIV/AIDS they are not technically talking about a single virus, they are talking about many virus's that have mutated from the original virus and have developed their own characteristics. Thats what makes the illness so difficult to treat at times.

dlboy53 Wrote:I'm sure there is a cure but they are making money from all the charities right now so they will never announce a cure until they drain the sources dry.

oldster Wrote:hey do dont cure something that you can sell druge just to keep you liveing and slow down the related illnecesses like they probly arn't doing that much researc in the eradicating of hiv just finding how to keep the people healther so they can make more money to pay for manintes druges. look how many billions they lost when they slowed dowwn polio theey are learning how to better keep things going

Why don't we know the status on this? We have prominent GLBT leaders, why are we not applying pressure to the pharmaceutical industry to produce a permanent cure?

Frankly, I can not think of any other issue that would be at the top of the GLBT list of issues. Add to that the other groups that are dealing with the illness. The more this thread goes on here, the more I am lost. With all the GLBT publications out there is anyone reporting on or advocating the issue of AIDS and HIV?

[Image: HIV-AIDS.gif]

Got to remember that GLBT is an outside organization and has nothing to do with what scientist or manufactures do. I'm sure that GLBT is doing all they can from their platform but they can only get so much information.

The pharmaceutical industry is not the right one to turn to for a cure.

Virologists are the real ones who we should turn to for study, research into the RNA of viruses. RNA is to viruses is what DNA is to us.

We humans have only successfully wiped out one virus. Small Pox. Small pox is unique in that it has a low mutation rate, meaning the small pox virus of this year is most likely the same variant as last year. It responded well to the same inoculation/vaccination year after year.

Influenza is on the other end of that spectrum, changing rapidly, mutating as fast as it spreads - thus in each person it can mutate. HIV falls close to the Influenza, with a high rate of mutation - variation.

The list of curable viruses is Zero. Treatable, meaning to the point where they do not kill you before body kills it off is much higher.

We can kill fungus and parasites and bacteria, we can not kill viruses.

Even such antivirals that we have for some are not antiviral as antibiotics are antibiotic. Antibiotics target and kill bacteria, antivirals only inhibit their development of specific viruses.

Your asking for a cure for HIV is like asking for a cure for the common cold, the influenza and all of the other viral disease out there. We humans lack the information and understanding of viruses to cure any of them. Once we do find a cure to one, we will, most likely, suddenly find a cure for many of them, just like the cure for bacteria lead to curing many bacterial infections.

As such, there are millions of researchers working on cures for viruses, any one of which could stumble on the key that unlocks curing viral infections, they do not need to specifically looking at HIV, it could the common cold, flu, etc.

When wealthy white heterosexual men and women become infected with AIDS there will be a cure...

yes i do think there will be a cure, next 5-7 years done by a LGBT bio sci just out of school
but just think
everything gets reset back to normal early 80's

pellaz Wrote:yes i do think there will be a cure, next 5-7 years done by a LGBT bio sci just out of school

Why 5-7 years?
Why an LGBT scientist?
Why just out of school?-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.