Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish Me Luck Please!
First...I LOVE your food cart.....

...and I am so sorry that your husband is acting like suck a fucking prick. I think you probably have nailed the reason why... I honestly believe that my husband tries to sabotage any attempt I make to become self-sufficient. When I found a job, he complained that I didn't make enough to justify the hours away from the house. ....it seems to be a component for a lot of controlling guys...

Just remember one thing...no matter how many head trips he puts on you...you still have your voice....and you know you can succeed no matter what obstacles are in your way....

Soooo...what are you serving?..and where?

cute food truck! good luck [MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION]

East Wrote:First...I LOVE your food cart.....

...and I am so sorry that your husband is acting like suck a fucking prick. I think you probably have nailed the reason why... I honestly believe that my husband tries to sabotage any attempt I make to become self-sufficient. When I found a job, he complained that I didn't make enough to justify the hours away from the house. ....it seems to be a component for a lot of controlling guys...

Just remember one thing...no matter how many heard trips he puts on you...you still have your voice....and you know you can succeed no matter what obstacles are in your way....

Soooo...what are you serving?..and where?

I am serving Cajun and Creole Cuisine! Gumbo, Jumbalya, Étouffée, Red Beans and Rice, et..
As for the where, a construction site! It is across from the Health Department here, and after my Health Inspection (I got a 100%, Grade A :-D) the Foreman walked over and asked what I was serving and the prices. After I told him, he asked me to park in their lot! :-D Construction Workers!!! What!?! Lol
As for the husband..? Fuck Him! I am sick of playing his stupid games and waiting around for his next temper-tantrum!
~Beaux

The food cart is so cute and I love bright color like that. It's eye catching. Congratz for the flying colors with the health inspection too~ I wish you the best [MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION] Xyxthumbs

good luck with the food cart, hoping for resoltion with the husband soon.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
My first day out has been very instructive. Firstly, the weather here is AWFUL today, which put me opening up late. Secondly, though I havnt made many sales today, it still gave me the chance to have a "walk-through" of taking it out in the mornings. Thirdly, some of these construction workers are fine as hell!
~Beaux

Edit:That last post should have posted yesterday. I was still in the catch when I got up this morning. I have to go to my monthly doctor appointment today.

On a side note, my husband may be trying to kill me. I asked him to pick up an extra tank of gas for my generator on his lunch break, which he did. He came to the cart window and told me he topped off the generator. I really didn't think much of it at the time. About 20 minutes later, I decided to take a smoke break and walked around back of the cart. The gas can was blown up like a balloon! He had left it leaned up against the generator! It had developed a leak and was spewing gas out on to the engine and a fire had started! If it hadn't been for me taking a cigarette break RIGHT THEN, I could have been killed! At the very least my cart would have burned to the ground!

See what I mean when I say he is trying to sabatoge me?

~Beaux

P.S. So much for my doctor telling me I have to quite smoking for the sake of my health!

Good lord, that would have been a disaster! Glad everything's alright though.

Beaux, the food carts I've seen with generators use long cords and keep the generators at least 30 feet away from the cart. Safety is one issue; noise is another. Congrats on getting to and through your first day!

Handing out small samples can be a good marketing tool. Timing social media to an hour before lunch may also be effective. There are tools that will post for you at the right time so you don't have to do it when you are busy.

Your food cart sounds amazing, but what I'm really getting from this is how troublesome your relationship with your husband is. Whether the gas tank thing was intentional or just carelessness, that really put you at risk... I mean I don't know all the details of your life but there seems to be a lot of red flags and moving forward, I hope you are using your best judgement.