Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman calmly eats her pizza after witnessing fatal crash
http://munchies.vice.com/articles/this-w...ium=social

I just saw this there now. There is a clip - it shows the crash but you can't really see anything. I just thought I'd warn you in case you find it disturbing.

In her defence, she had her hands full. I would be terrified if I saw something like that, but maybe the pizza placated her. I really admire her coolness in this situation.

No reason to waste that pizza, I'd say.

A proper reaction would have been to go check on the person, but something tells me this is exactly how I would react too, so..maybe I should stay quiet.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

In all fairness she did look back a couple of times, saw that people were attending to the incident. But yeah, it is bizarre how calm she is. And yeah Suds, I can imagine you doing the same thing lol.

She could have gone to check on things, and taken the pizza with her.

Alto Wrote:When I see bad things happen, I feel it is in my stomach first, if I was hungry my appetite is gone.

Yup, same. Not this woman though!

I'm starting to feel a wee bit like a psycho, but generally...yeah...I'm desensitized to these kinds of things. Normally, they don't affect me.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

How many of us posting here has seen someone die ?

(Not on television )

It's not something most of us are prepared for emotionally ..
This is the reason some people react in odd ways.

idk i would still eat the pizza, she had to fold it, that means it's NY style.. cmon people it's pizza!

Plus she probably didn't know the person died.

I didn't watch the video, and before I saw scootaloo's comment about how she was eating her pizza, just from the title of the thread alone, I was thinking to myself "I bet it happened in New York".

There's nothing worse than "Cold Pizza"................ (just kidding)

Some people are desensitized to tragedies. I don't know if it is from the constant barrage of mayhem we see on the TV, or from living in a big city where such things are more common.

In reality,,, I think she did the right thing. She noticed that there were people seeking to assist the injured person, so she chose to get out of the way, instead of standing around gawking at the accident victim. Now,,,, if she was a Doctor or Nurse,,, I would be upset if she walked away.

It would irritate me if she had stayed and kept eating her pizza while idly standing there watching the person die. That would have been much worse......

Sincerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!