Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering if there's any suggestions for where I can market a small gay youtube show?
Hey there, this seems like a really supportive friendly place, so I thought it might be good to ask here and give it a try Smile
I'm making a small youtube reality show of stuff that I filmed of the gay youth here where I live, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of where I could spreak it to more people. Id post a link but I can't cuz I'm new here. But my username on youtube is agaytale

I've gotten some good response from youtube and I really hope that I can spread it to more people because ive recieved alot of messages from young people who find it relatable and say its helped them feel more normal. I really like the idea that it could help people, even if just a few.

I would think that youtube is the perfect place for your reality show. Just viral it and watch it take off. Other gay teen forums would likely be willing to help you as well. And if it is really important to you, keep posting here until you are allowed to include links in your post. Additionally, you can give us the name of this reality show, we'll view it, and if it is as nifty as you say it is, we'll post it here for you!!!

Hello and welcome.

Regarding your films, keep them on YouTube and share them via your FaceBook page. I personally prefer to get to know someone on here first before I am likely to give any of their work a sympathetic hearing or viewing. I hate the feeling that people only want to know me if they can sell me their ideas or their stuff. :frown:

I had a look at a couple of your films and I enjoyed the visuals. Filming is a process I know very little about, so I find it all a bit mysterious and intriguing. However, to draw me in and to hold my interest I felt I needed more of a narrative thread or everything to be a lot snappier, but then I guess I'm not in your target audience. At my age one has a greater sense of impending mortality Wink

Hey there and welcome to GS. I was thinking of making a small gay YouTube show about myself. I would rant and rave and stuff like that. I would go by the name The Gay Guido and that would even by my username... NO please do not steal that idea, I might actually do it at some point!

marshlander Wrote:Hello and welcome.

Regarding your films, keep them on YouTube and share them via your FaceBook page. I personally prefer to get to know someone on here first before I am likely to give any of their work a sympathetic hearing or viewing. I hate the feeling that people only want to know me if they can sell me their ideas or their stuff. :frown:

I had a look at a couple of your films and I enjoyed the visuals. Filming is a process I know very little about, so I find it all a bit mysterious and intriguing. However, to draw me in and to hold my interest I felt I needed more of a narrative thread or everything to be a lot snappier, but then I guess I'm not in your target audience. At my age one has a greater sense of impending mortality Wink

I totally get where you're comming from. And vlogging/reality is definitely a very hit or miss genre for people - if you're not a total voyeur, it probably won't be interesting for you. Especially if you've been around the block a few times and know yourself and what you want out of life. I don't, and doing this is helping me figure it out.
That being said, the narrative picks up around episode 5 and from there everythings tied together.

I appreciate your input!

You're cute, but this sorta isn't my thing.

I can easily imagine someone who would watch something like The Hills or Jersey Shore watching this though.

OrphanPip Wrote:You're cute, but this sorta isn't my thing.

I can easily imagine someone who would watch something like The Hills or Jersey Shore watching this though.

It's true - all the people who like it seem to have the same interests in regards to what they watch. What people watch seems to say alot about them.

yugo777 Wrote:... Especially if you've been around the block a few times ...
:eek: What are you suggesting, dear boy? !!! Rolleyes