Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood Burning Tool vs. Soldering Tool
I have a quick question that I can't find the answer to on google.

Don't know if any of you here do wood burning?

My question is, can you use a soldering tool as you would a wood burning tool? They look pretty similar when I look at images of them. They just don't have the various tips that a wood burning tool does. I'm asking because my Mother recently got into doing wood burning making pictures and I have the soldering tools, not a soldering iron.. though not sure if there's much of a difference, so was wondering if she could use that to practice with before she went out and got the correct tools she needs?

Check with the company that made you particular iron. You can probably buy wood burning tips for it.
I bid NO Trump!

Copy and paste this entire sentence

What is the difference between a wood burning tool and a soldering iron

^^^
Tons of useful info came up.

I know.. lol..
I searched a long ass sentence hoping to find forum posts or tech advice forums...

Thank you LJay for the idea. I don't think the tip on the soldering tool can be changed I would have to look at it again to be sure though.

Thank you also Anocxu, I can't believe I din't think to google "what's the difference" I think I typed everything but that...

Seems like a soldering tool can be used for wood burning, just does not have the tips to change like a wood burning tool, which can't be used for soldering. Lol.

So I guess it won't hurt to try it, just can't get fancy with different tips.

Thanks again for the replies, really helped me out with that!

Aww.
You're welcome.. no sweat..