Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woolworths
Couldn't find a business section so... anyway after woolworths closed down after 100 years is it good news they are back and purely online selling the same items including the pic'n'mix?! The new owners shop direct (own littlewoods too) have launched it online.

So what do you think of this :S Will it succeed or fail? Has woolworths still got the fight power left???
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Isn't it a bit weird to be so attached to a shop? Woolworths became a bit like WH Smiths is now ... what's it actually for?

Fail, I would've prefered if they had closed half the shops, closed the website and reopened the shops which were making profit.

When it closed down I got a BIG HUGE BOX of cola bottles

for a pound. :')

....It only occurred to me after caryying said huge tub around twon for 2 hours.
That I can't eat these sugary jellys due to my enemy of the blood diabetes.

Twazzle Wrote:Couldn't find a business section so... anyway after woolworths closed down after 100 years is it good news they are back and purely online selling the same items including the pic'n'mix?! The new owners shop direct (own littlewoods too) have launched it online.

So what do you think of this :S Will it succeed or fail? Has woolworths still got the fight power left???
Has Woolworth still got the clientèle?:confused:

Someone brought their brand name and opened a internet store with it.

Just checked it out, I do like it, but Pic 'n' mix? Lol, it's much more fun to pick up a cup and slyly eat things outta it until you have enough room for things you want later, while walking round the store, obviously...

its a failure already. why do they keep on trying.

Yeh I think Woolworths got taken over purely because it was a historical company that many people did rely on..

The company behind the rebrand as I said above also own Littlewoods - which alone was failing on the highstreet got taken online and now is a major player.

But I think this Woolworths is a bit poor and basically anything but impressive..
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Wel look back..... Littlewoods was massive, it had shops in every city and town and it closed...it went into a catalouge style online thingy now, they made it big now, think Woolies thought it could do the same.