Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words das meshed...
I was just wondering, after talking with a friend of mine, if some of the stuff we say is backwards lol...

I know we have our own vowel/subject/pronoun/noun/verb/phonetic/vocabulary, so that makes us different automatically, but even when speaking articulately, I notice sometimes the words come out funny...

Like for instance;

1) Um Bin since tol him dat = I've already told him that - but would'n't it be said; "I've since told him that"

2) His crazy his said = He said he's crazy - would it be said this way?

3) You go up rahn(ron) de corner, dahn de road = You go down the road and go around the corner (which is not strictly literal)

4) lef it - Leave it / is lef = It's gone

the last two are more our terms, but they're still backwards seeming to me...I think I even do it here sometimes without realizing it...

What are some phrases you guys say all the time? I want to see how they're said in relation to how we say them, but it's quite fascinating to see and learn about the differences and similarities....

Lol I never understand a word you're saying. :biggrin:

VileKyle Wrote:Lol I never understand a word you're saying. :biggrin:

:crying-and-sorry-li but I'm talking English lol!

But to say that how we would;

"Ah neva undastaynda vurd ya seyin"

or if spoken "articulately" - " What ya sayin I don't never understand"

See? That has to be backwards Chicken

Americans always come like they're confused when we speak, even though we speak understandable english! lol, I just wanted to see where you guys get lost lol.

One time I said in regards to directions ;

De Shops tahn(town), de 7 bus Hamilton will take you there

and the man was like; "HUH??" and I was like Chicken

Ours is not a hard island english compared to others...and unlike most islanders, we don't like when people go Huh? lol, cause it seems offensive I guess.