Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work related pressures
I own and manage my own business, so like most people, sometimes I think the boss is crazy. I have threatened to fire myself on numerous occasions, and threatened to quit if I don't get better treatment. This is the slow time of year for my business, so the only stress is trusting that the cash flow will follow expected patterns and keep me afloat. My biggest pressure is managing employees, but I try to look at it as entertainment rather than stress. That works most of the time.

During my busy times, some days I "soften" my work days with an afternoon gin & tonic. I suppose that's frowned on for teachers.

mrk2010 Wrote:I am quicker at lesson planning and stuff now, an hour per lesson. I've decided this year just make all my powerpoints and resources then i'll be sorted for years to come.

Don't you believe it, hon. You'll still find that you have to adapt ready made things constantly. I never seem to use the exact same worksheets or programmes from last year or the year before... very volatile, teaching is... (mostly due to the groups being so different)

I work with a bunch of freeking disgusting morons, idiots, 'tards. They have NO manners, NO etiquette of ANY kind, no professionalism of any kind, they are just dregs of society. Well, at least 80% of them.

Management is a joke at this company I work for. The ONLY thing they "manage" is thier paycheck.

Ive been looking for other work for three years, but the whole job market is all screwed to hell out there.
I mean, hell, they want people to have BA's even for the most meanial jobs!!!

I dont need a freeking BA, I know how to do my job, and I do it perfect. Ive even applied at "gay friendly" companies in the DFW area, but Ive never gotten a reply. I dont care what anybody tells you, the job market is still bad.

I hate working with these freaking neanderthals.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I work with a bunch of freeking disgusting morons, idiots, 'tards. They have NO manners, NO etiquette of ANY kind, no professionalism of any kind, they are just dregs of society. Well, at least 80% of them.

Management is a joke at this company I work for. The ONLY thing they "manage" is thier paycheck.

Ive been looking for other work for three years, but the whole job market is all screwed to hell out there.
I mean, hell, they want people to have BA's even for the most meanial jobs!!!

I dont need a freeking BA, I know how to do my job, and I do it perfect. Ive even applied at "gay friendly" companies in the DFW area, but Ive never gotten a reply. I dont care what anybody tells you, the job market is still bad.

I hate working with these freaking neanderthals.

I feel your pain, I can't find a job with a BASad and I can't even get a job at companies people swear up and down are always hiring, plus my manager is a dick (most are:madSmile. mean while as soon as my sister mentions searching for another job she has an offer.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

We have a big conference at work next week on drugs and drink. I have to do some of the organizing and give a speech.