Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World AIDS Day 2010
As you will all know, today is World AIDS Day. Most days I think about people who have gone from my life, but thinking about them today carries that little extra poignancy.

I notice that today's Independent newspaper has been edited by Elton John.
Welcome to 'The Independent' with a difference - Press, Media - The Independent

I know that HIV/AIDS is everyone's concern, but when I read a report like this one we are clearly losing sight of the ball.
Comment: We’ve got to change gay men’s attitudes to cut HIV - Pink News

It upsets me that i had no idea it was going to be World AIDS Day today, or that such a day even exists. Surely it should of been publicised a bit more?:frown:

I personally do not know anyone who have died of AIDS. Nor do i know anyone living with it.
But it is a terable disease of which i'm glad i know a fair bit about. And wish others to have the same knowledge to protect themselves. Thats why i'm glad such a day exists. No one deserves to be cursed with such a disease.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I had to tell ALL of my four classes this morning why today was a special day, but once the dice were rolling we did quite a good lesson on AIDS REMEMBRANCE DAY
I'm glad I can do this every year...

Genersis Wrote:It upsets me that i had no idea it was going to be World AIDS Day today, or that such a day even exists. Surely it should of been publicised a bit more?:frown:

I personally do not know anyone who have died of AIDS. Nor do i know anyone living with it.
But it is a terable disease of which i'm glad i know a fair bit about. And wish others to have the same knowledge to protect themselves. Thats why i'm glad such a day exists. No one deserves to be cursed with such a disease.:frown:
Well you don't know anyone who has died of AIDS and it's maybe better that way, but you know that my brother did, so you know at least one person whom it has affected deeply... :redface::frown:

princealbertofb Wrote:Well you don't know anyone who has died of AIDS and it's maybe better that way, but you know that my brother did, so you know at least one person whom it has affected deeply... :redface::frown:
I know PA. And i can't help but feel deeply upset everytime i hear it.:frown:
Bighug
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

eight good friends have died from AIDS sence 1987 but i have remained free from this plight.
My heart goes out to all who suffer because of this virus and their family's