Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain's Great Gay Buildings
[SIZE="4"]For those who have access to British TV, on Channel 4 on Saturday the 24th of June at 20.00 GMT, Stephen Fry presents seven gay faces that champion buildings that helped define Britain's gay history including a pub, club, theatre, Yorkshire stately home and Parliament.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/brita...-buildings[/SIZE]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Thanks again for posting this Londoner, I really enjoyed this programme, and the pop programme that followed it on more 4! :-))

Zen Wrote:Thanks again for posting this Londoner, I really enjoyed this programme, and the pop programme that followed it on more 4! :-))

You're welcome [MENTION=24253]Zen[/MENTION]. I found the first programme interesting, more so that I had expected. The part about the Old Bailey was chilling to say the least. Thank heavens that things have improved since then.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Yes, especially the narrowing and lowering doorways, so that the accused almost crawled to their fate. The biggest irony being the accusations levelled at gay men as perverse, when it was the justice system that was perverted. The last two men hanged in Britain broke my heart, arrested and dragged out of a private residence for a private act.

I liked the part about Bletchley Park- I've always been a big Alan Turing geek!! Again, how sad though.

Thanks, [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION]. I don't know if I'll get to see these, but thanks for signaling them.