Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Trade Centre - 12 Years Ago Today
Without wanting to wallow in mawkish over sentimentality or indeed to open up a wound that hasn't even properly healed yet I just became aware from looking at the date/time display on my sys tray that the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre took place twelve years ago today.

At this time I'm not particularly concerned about who did what to whom and why but my thoughts are with those who lost loved ones, those who's lives set off on a never ending quest for answers, those who will be in pain today remembering the last moments of their mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, cousins, nieces, brothers, sisters, friends and colleagues.

Oh I despair of humanity sometimes!

We brits are not known for wearing our hearts on our sleeves but I just want our friends in the U.S.A. to know that on that day, on that terrible, terrible day we shared your dismay , your shock, your fear and indeed your pain.

Blessings to all those who hurt today, may spirit comfort you in the knowledge that we never truly lose the ones we love and for what the hell it's worth, everything happens for a reason or at least some good comes out of everything bad. Don't ask me what that reason is, you'd have to ask me to understand the workings of the universe and the machinations of man kind.

May I humbly ask that wherever you find your self today, find a few moments to be at one with spirit, to remember those who died (including the mad men who hijacked the planes).

Nuff said... Blessed be!

Very eloquently put Vigilias.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Too bad the same building flaws that were in the original towers are in the new ones.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Too bad the same building flaws that were in the original towers are in the new ones.

I don't think that's the case. There was a recent Channel4 documentaryin the UK about the building of the Freedom Tower and it refutes what you say. It went in to detail about happened to the WTC could not happen to the building that is replacing it.

There was an excellent documentary on last week called "102 minutes" it was actual recorded footage in real time, it was deeply affecting, one of the most powerful documentary I ever seen, Another one was real phone conversations from the people in the towers, that was too much, I turned it off.

LONDONER Wrote:I don't think that's the case. There was a recent Channel4 documentaryin the UK about the building of the Freedom Tower and it refutes what you say. It went in to detail about happened to the WTC could not happen to the building that is replacing it.

What I read was in the online news last week on AOL from some "undercover" source.

I dont trust anything the media has to say, they get paid to tell people what the rich and powerful want them to say.

Not that I believe all "undercover" stories. But usually they turn out to be the truth.

Does not matter what they make buildings out of..........they will still crumble if you fly a plane into them.

I was home sick the day it happen I was watching TV when all of the sudden they cut to the news. I was so scared and sad when I saw what was happening.

MisterTinkles Wrote:What I read was in the online news last week on AOL from some "undercover" source.

I dont trust anything the media has to say, they get paid to tell people what the rich and powerful want them to say.

Not that I believe all "undercover" stories. But usually they turn out to be the truth.

Does not matter what they make buildings out of..........they will still crumble if you fly a plane into them.

Ask yourself, why would they permit a building to be built with the same design faults as the WTC?

It's an extreme tragedy, yes, and I remember when I saw the burning images for the first time. I was only 6 but I'd had a hard time sleeping so I went up to my parents who were watching the news. By coincidence, this would always happen during the news report of some national or global tragedy and in that case it was the 11th of September. It really left a huge impact on me and it's not hard to see why it would leave people still thinking about it 12 years after.

That being said, however, it always takes me by surprise when certain tragedies are acknowledged and brought up again and again whereas others of equal or even higher severity are ignored. There are people who've said I'm simply a cold human being but it makes me endlessly sad that society expects me to spend one day every year remembering and mourning a terrible event whilst ignoring many others. Is it because it occurred in the western part of the world? I simply don't get it and if it's alright I'd be happy if someone could explain. Since this thread was about remembrance though I'll go away if this kind of discussion is unwanted.

Dead people just lead to more dead people... what an endless vicious cycle.

I wish it would all just stop,
but, then again, my username is Dreamer....