Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Vegetarian Day
Did you know that it is World Vegetarian Day today. Neither did I but apparently it is, so, do your bit for the environment and don't eat meat today. Thanks. Apparently one in eight Britons now classify themselves as vegetarians.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'll celebrate by going to an all you can eat meat buffet.

Smile

In all seriousness, it's not that hard to go vegetarian, I suspect most people feel it is too hard to do. I did it once for Lent, just to see if I could go the 40 days without meat. I did it quite easily.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Too late, i was eating chicken nuggets at 1am this morning,

Does oral sex make people less vegetarian?

If we somehow manage to take the militancy out of the vegetarian/vegan spectrum, it may become much more interesting. An enormous benefit of the attention it has gotten in the last few years is that folks are realizing that vegetables have much more variety, flavor and taste than "Eat your peas." An adventurous cook can have a lot of fun.

I am a long way from giving up meat, fish, and poultry, but there is so much good stuff out there to explore that it is easy to give up some of the flesh just to have space for the plants on the plate.

Now about that soup with the pumpkin and black beans and onions and...
I bid NO Trump!

Not for me it isn't. Sorry 'bout that!

OK, palbert, no salad for you for a week! Also no cabbage, potatoes, corn, green beans, carrots, or yams.

Tonight, I am thinking about baked squash and bangers.
I bid NO Trump!

I think a vegetarian diet is great. I eat cows, pigs, and lambs, and they're all vegetarian.

Vegetables are good but I could not only eat them and fruit. I love meat too much. Though when the price was $18 I would go to a restaurant that serve a five course vegetarian meal once a month. It was the first time a ate fried green tomatoes. The meals were delicious. I always wanted more food to eat than they gave because vegetables are just not that filling in that small of quantity.

Research has been done on the evolution of humans. Basically how did homo sapiens become intelligent and developed like we did. The research says that because we ate meat and got more protein than other primates, that it enabled are brains to grow larger, which allowed us to get smarter. So basically if we had not eaten meat then we would have developed like we did. I won't say we wouldn't be hear but we might not be as smart as we are if we didn't eat meat.

Also if you eat a vegetarian lifestyle, it is very important that you eat enough protein because if you don't, it can cause lots of bad health effects. One is that your muscles start to cannibalize themselves to get enough protein and once that starts its really hard to stop the process. And the process is fatal because we need muscles to survive (the heart being the most important muscle).

Sorry to rant, its just I have some serious issues with vegetarianism. Probably because they can't eat bacon!!!

Camfer Wrote:I think a vegetarian diet is great. I eat cows, pigs, and lambs, and they're all vegetarian.

My first laugh all day!
Blew this one this morning with a bacon egg and cheese burrito for breakfast.
Guess it's mac and cheese for dinner with a side dish of corn or peas.