Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emmys 2011
East Wrote:Have you "met" MaryAnn yet? I wont' spoil anything or say much because suspense is part of the fun.
The only Mary-Ann we've met is Mary Ann Singleton, but she's in Tales of the City... another one of my favourites.

The Canadian teen-soap Degrassi has a transgender themed episode nominated in the best children's program category.

Thanks, I have not seen Degrassi (though hear it's good) so didn't know what ep that was. I know I forgot other nominee of GLBT interest such as Becoming Chaz though

princealbertofb Wrote:The only Mary-Ann we've met is Mary Ann Singleton, but she's in Tales of the City... another one of my favourites.

Have you read Maupin's Mary Ann Sequel? It is delicious......

In the sure-to-please follow-up to Michael Tolliver Lives, the bestselling Tales of the City reboot, it's been 20 years since series anchor Mary Ann Singleton left her family and headed to New York. Maupin's San Francisco is comforting in its familiarity, and the gang is (mostly) all here, older, wiser, and settled in: Michael "Mouse" Tolliver is married to Ben; Shawna, Mary Ann's estranged daughter, is a popular sex blogger who is dating Otto, an enigmatic professional clown; and grand dame Anna Madrigal, once landlady to Michael and Mary Ann, is still kicking in her late 80s. Into this milieu returns Mary Ann, who ditched her husband and the young Shawna for a career in television. Now, nearing 60, she's back with news she can't bear to tell anyone but Michael. From the haven of his tiny garden cottage, Mary Ann regroups and confronts some uncomfortable chapters in her past. As ever, Maupin's edgy wit energizes the layered story lines. His keen eye for irony and human foible is balanced by an innate compassion in this examination of the life of a woman of a certain age.

I would love to see Laura Linney and Olympia Dukakis reprise these roles. They won Emmy;'s for the first seres they did.

i hope they get some good presenters