Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried about my date on Friday
Hi guys I have a date on Friday, I have been chatting to him on the phone for the last few weeks and we have been getting on ok! I have a tendency to be clingy due to being hurt in the past and I don't want to scare him off. I have mentioned this before when he doesn't text back I go into overdrive and think the worse. I am trying not to text him today as he's on a 12 hour shift. I like him a lot but deep down I know I will ruin it.
An eye for an eye

Calm down fella, you won't ruin it as you have explained to him why your clingy. Try and not text. He'll probably text you later anyway when he's relaxed after work. If he doesn't text him tomorrow morning asking how he is. I guess set yourself a goal sort of thing.

Just relax you got a date on Friday you know Smile

artyboy Wrote:Calm down fella, you won't ruin it as you have explained to him why your clingy. Try and not text. He'll probably text you later anyway when he's relaxed after work. If he doesn't text him tomorrow morning asking how he is. I guess set yourself a goal sort of thing.

Just relax you got a date on Friday you know Smile

Thanks mate
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:Hi guys I have a date on Friday, I have been chatting to him on the phone for the last few weeks and we have been getting on ok! I have a tendency to be clingy due to being hurt in the past and I don't want to scare him off. I have mentioned this before when he doesn't text back I go into overdrive and think the worse. I am trying not to text him today as he's on a 12 hour shift. I like him a lot but deep down I know I will ruin it.

Don't worry... Although that is easier said than done. With me it is really a matter of NOT thinking about it.

Try not to think so much it being a date, just treat it like hanging out with a friend or something.

Anyway, that's about the best I can do, it is hard to get over the anxiety and fear, but just look at in a different way might help ease things.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

As far as the texting goes. I often work 12 hour shifts and I'm usually too busy to even look at texts until later. It's not that I don't like the guy who's texting or that I'm not interested in him or don't want to talk to him. It's just that I'm on the job and people are expecting me to pay attention and do the stuff I need to do. A guy who understands that and doesn't push it earns a lot of points with me.

I know it's hard, but you need to try to get past the "I'm going to ruin it" mentality before it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Try to put it in perspective. I get that it's hard to feel confident when you've been hurt before, but you need to try to relax a bit and decide that you're going to have fun.Bee

Meeting my date tomorrow at 12.00 pm. Nervous and excited!
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:Meeting my date tomorrow at 12.00 pm. Nervous and excited!

Best of luck Dan, try and relax, and most importantly, enjoy Smile

Good luck Dan Smile

How did it gooooooo???'!!!!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:How did it gooooooo???'!!!!

It went fantastic! Next date is in 2 weeks!
An eye for an eye