Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worrying about my sexuality
I am new here and I'd like to say hello to you all! Smile I am also sorry for all my mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.

I don't feel very comfortable to post this problem of mine anywhere but it has been worrying me for a long time. The problem is that my sexuality and erotic fantasies has seemed to be quite messed up since I can remember.

I have absolutely no clue why, but following things cause a huge turn on to me: headphones, button-down, polo and henley shirts, oxygen masks and also fantasy about being put to sleep like for a surgery or something. These things turn me on and it makes me feel disgusted with myself.

I am almost 100% sure that some of these things had turned me on even before I started to think about guys as hot. I don't think it's normal and it scares me. I am also afraid it might cause troubles in my current (and first) relationship.

I'd like to know if I am alone who fells like this about his/her own sexuality. There are other things possibly connected to my sexuality that concern me but I don't like writing about it now. I would like to find someone I could freely talk about this subject as it makes me feel so bad about myself and I need to find a solution how to deal with my true self. What's wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you. People get turned on by very different things. There's nothing messed up and nothing to worry about. You like what you like.

ShyBoy Wrote:... What's wrong with me?
I'd guess there isn't anything "wrong" with you. Nothing you've said so far sounds terribly alarming to me, anyway. Ok, so you have some fetishes that most guys don't have, so what? Most everyone has different things that turn them on that don't do anything for most other people. So my strongest advice is to not obsess or worry about this too much. It is what it is and don't be surprised if it changes in various ways as you get older.

The only time you need to be concerned about your sexual fantasies is if they are leading you to DO things in reality that 1) harm yourself in some way (physically, emotionally, get in the way of you having meaningful relationships, interferes with your school work or your job, etc.) OR 2) if it does harm to other people (along the same lines as in #1 ). If your fantasies are leading you to harm yourself or others you may need to seek professional psychological help so you can better understand why you have these impulses and have a more solid control over them.

I hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have sexualized certain material items, like head phones and clothes. It probably started before or during puberty and somehow got mixed in with your growing sexuality. Nothing you named concerns me. I think most things that arouse us sexually cannot be explained away by us, any more than why one guy is attracted to me with beards and another likes guys with no body hair.
It is what it is.

Keep posting and let us get to know you more. And relax, ShyBoy.

I'd agree with what's been said here so far, I don't think there is anything wrong with you at all.

Welcome to the forum Smile

I think gas masks are a more common kink than oxygen masks. Medical fantasies are very common. Why the worry? It sounds like you will have a lot of rich and varied sexual experiences to enjoy.

I make a distinction between a kink and a fetish. A kink is something that really gets you sexually excited. It enhances sex for you, but you can have good sex that doesn't involve the kink. A fetish is focusing your sexual desires on an object to such a degree that you really can't enjoy sex without it.

So let us know if you're talking about kinks or fetishes here.

Oh and maybe this thread needs pics. Oh Rareboy....... Smile

[Image: 2c92a905d1652600aeba9603e5023723.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_lyxabsBKZp1qzx74yo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nq4o9tMWYo1sxq459o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nr12wdoqJz1u99tl2o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nrclk2KJMA1r8lmk6o1_1280.jpg]

First of all you have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding your English, I only spotted one tiny mistake that was more than probably a typing mistake.

Secondly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, very many people have different fetishes. I remember seeing someone on a gay chat who got really turned on when he saw guys with their shirt collars turned up. I remember also in the British comic series "'Allo, 'Allo" the two "waitresses" in the café offering services that involved a flying helmet, a kitchen whisk and wet celery! OK, that was fiction but believe me people can get turned on by just about anything. I suppose it's all about association and imaginaation.

My suggestion is that you just relax and go with it.

Welcome to the forum and may you spend many happy days on the friendliest gay chat on the Internet.

PS: You might be interested to read this:

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experien...ctive.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:I remember also in the British comic series "'Allo, 'Allo" the two "waitresses" in the café offering services that involved a flying helmet, a kitchen whisk and wet celery!

Ohhhh RENE!!

A boner is a good thing.

ShyBoy Wrote:These things turn me on and it makes me feel disgusted with myself.
Don't be. Denying who you are and what you like won't change anything and it certainly won't make you feel any better. It may actually worsen things and eventually depress you. I've been there and it's not pretty.
There's nothing wrong in having fetishes, no matter how strange they are. 6 billions of people on Earth, 6 billions of fetishes.

I don't have any fetishes and sometimes I think I'm messed up for not having any.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.