Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst pop song?
Worst pop tune I've heard........Baby or Your Body is a Wonderland.

While i'm at it......worst pop Album

No Jacket Required-Phil Collins. I've been known to enjoy the guy. But that is the worst pile of shit.....EVER.

Mick

Lalo Wrote:MY LIST:

MmmmBop- Hanson
Baby- Justin Bieber
Girl You Know Its True- Milli Vanilli
Whoomp There It Is- Tag Team
Walk The Dinosaur- Was (Not Was)
The Ketchup Song- Las Ketchup
You Light Up My Life- Debbie Boone
Having My Baby- Paul Anka
Barbie Girl- Aqua
Jump, Jump- Kriss Kross
We Built This City- Starship
Achy Breaky Heart- Billy Ray Cyrus
Macarena- Los Del Rio
U Can't Touch This- MC Hammer
I Am Woman- Helen Reddy
Hit Me Baby One More Time- Britney Spears
Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice
Cherry Pie- Warrant

And my ultimate worst pop song...

Run Joey Run- David Geddes

OMG!!! Youre killin me!!! Youre KILLIN me!!!!!!!
Oh, the pain...the PAIN!!!!
[Image: dr+smith.jpg]

bluefox4000 Wrote:No Jacket Required-Phil Collins. I've been known to enjoy the guy. But that is the worst pile of shit.....EVER.

The guy was an ace drummer, and he did well in Genesis in the 70s, and even some of their 80s pop years is worthwhile...but I can't stomach his solo pap.

Another candidate for worst pop song: Call Me Maybe. Usually the idea of a pop song is to be catchy and memorable, but I've listened to this song several times and still have no idea what it sounds like. Try as I might, I can't even recall a single snatch of melody, just the words to the stupid fucking chorus (thanks to cementing by internet memes). I don't understand it. I've even heard people who don't usually listen to 'pure' radio pop songs like this go on about how 'oh, but I'll admit that song is really catchy.' Just what exactly is catching them??? Gangnam Style is catchy. I can remember it right now. That whiny Gotye song about somebody he used to blow is catchy. Hit Me Baby One More Time (ugh) is insanely catchy. Call Me Maybe is not.

And I can never in good conscience miss an opportunity to hate on Billy Joel's Piano Man. Every time I hear it I want to find the nearest living creature, pretend it's Billy Joel, and retch all over the poor thing out of spite.

I personally LOVE these songs but i know a lot of my friends hate these two in particular:

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
My Humps - Black Eyed Peas

Lilmy87 Wrote:Finally, to be vaguely controversial as this is generally considered to be credible music, Lovely Day by Bill Withers. Again, it just mopes along. Especially the end bit where he goes 'Lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Stop singing now Bill!!

I like the rest of his stuff though.

lol Half the fun is trying to sing along and take a deep breath and do as he does - hold that note to the end. I fail every time, but yeah it does go on a bit.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Justa Beaver (Justin Bieber).

Oh.......worst pop SONG ever....

ANYTHING by Justa Beaver.

COMPLETELY AGREED. Canada can you please take Justin Beaver back?!

VileKyle Wrote:No Doubt has completely crossed the line into pop and I hate their entire new album.

Ha, Tragic Kingdom was the first album I bought myself. I don't think I've listened to any other No Doubt albums since though.

Something by Ke$ha probably... although I can't get over the feeling that she's just some girl who figured out how to get famous and used the opportunity... so I can't feel bad about her as an artist even if her music sucks.

OrphanPip Wrote:Ha, Tragic Kingdom was the first album I bought myself. I don't think I've listened to any other No Doubt albums since though.

I think that was my first album as well. Either that, or Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by the Smashing Pumpkins :O.

As far as No Doubt goes.. I liked their album after Tragic Kingdom, but everything after that has been meh..

Lilmy87 Wrote:Finally, to be vaguely controversial as this is generally considered to be credible music, Lovely Day by Bill Withers. Again, it just mopes along. Especially the end bit where he goes 'Lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Stop singing now Bill!!

Oh god I hate that song and have to hear it at least once a week at work. I can actually hear what you typed out right now.

Party Rock is horrible as is You don't know you're beautiful.