Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst that could happen?
Hello all!

My virgin post here (Not the only thing that is) and I'm hoping to gain additional insight on the quandary that I am having at the moment.

I'm more than a little infatuated with someone whom I crossed paths with about a year and a half back. I've recently found his Facebook profile but I'm understandably hesitant and apprehensive about saying hi, what more telling him that I've got a crush on him. The fact that we share mutual friends isn't helping either - last thing I want is for him to be asking / telling them about me upon reading my confession. Yes, I am still fairly closeted, only my close friends know.

Call me hopeful, but there seemed to be something more than a mere passing glance when our eyes met. We didn't exchange words due to the circumstances then (Military) and I simply can't keep him out of my mind.

Your kind thoughts?

Anybody with an opinion?

You could start very generally, just say hi and ask how he's doing. There's no need to tell him about your crush. Then see how your discussions go forward, and maybe you can ask him to have a coffee or to see a movie. Even though you'd like to be more than friends with him, there's no need why you couldn't begin as a friends... and once you know him better, you probably know better if he wants more than that.

I did think of doing that, but if I were to put myself in his shoes, a male stranger, asking me out for coffee would immediately arouse suspicion. Wouldn't my intentions be as clear as day?

CLC1 Wrote:I did think of doing that, but if I were to put myself in his shoes, a male stranger, asking me out for coffee would immediately arouse suspicion. Wouldn't my intentions be as clear as day?

So he doesn't necessarily know who you are? That's more tricky then. Does any of your mutual friends know about you?

How about sending FB friend request for him? I have received friend requests from really distant people, like from someone who visited my roommate while I was in college, and we once discussed shortly about the weather.

sheffield Wrote:So he doesn't necessarily know who you are? That's more tricky then. Does any of your mutual friends know about you?

How about sending FB friend request for him? I have received friend requests from really distant people, like from someone who visited my roommate while I was in college, and we once discussed shortly about the weather.

Yes, he doesn't know who I am and nope, none of them know.

I did send one. It looks like it's been ignored. I'll give it time but my hopes aren't high.

Well if does accept then message him saying hey blah blah thought id add you as we have mutual friends that i think are cool and u might be cool to been friends with them , something like that haha if he does not accept then fuck him move on to someone who gives you what u want ,

I read that you have a mutual friend. Why not see if the three of you ( you, your mutual friend, and your crush) could go out and do something? Explain to your mutual friend that you've seen this guy before in the military. It might be a good way to get to know him. I myself don't add people that I barely know on Facebook. It's a private thing for me. Maybe that was not the best decision to add him without him knowing who you are. You can undo requests. I would be a little more patient and see if you can get to know him through others and then try Facebook. If it comes up later, you can say something like, I thought you were the person I've seen before but then I started to wonder if you were so I undid the request. Good Luck!

Do you know if this guy is gay or not?
Either way I would stay away from telling him on facebook.

Time to get your friends to check things out first.

Yea I guess some homework's got to be done.

Thank you all for your opinions! Smile