Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst way to come out? Post yours here.
simon Wrote:OMG, so many questions but I'll limit myself to one,was that the first time you had been with a man or had feelings for men? (ok thats a cheeky two questions)

lol I can handle 2 cheeky questions :biggrin:

Wasnt the frist time, when I was 16 I messed around with a friend of a friend. It was REALLY lously though, as soon as he got off it was over, leaving me feeling wierd and unsatisfied.

I had had real feelings for a guy about the same time I had my first experience with a guy (16) so I knew that there was a part of me that liked guys but I never had the guts to tell him how I felt so it never went anywhere.

cheers for the answers,it's strange how different people cope with being gay,I hid it but could never have gone with a woman and others either surpress it or don't accept it,yet we get told it's a choice.

simon Wrote:cheers for the answers,it's strange how different people cope with being gay,I hid it but could never have gone with a woman and others either surpress it or don't accept it,yet we get told it's a choice.

I no right. Choice makes it sound optional. I went a few years being "bi" and dating women and men, but the one would always ruin the other. Women I dated didnt trust that I wasnt sleeping with guys on the side and guys I dated complained I was riding the fence. Eventually I just started self identifying as gay to save the confusion. I prefer the company of men. Sex is sex, it feels the same to me wether it is a guy or a girl, but on a comfort lvl I just prefer to hang out with guys and feel that I get more out of relationships with them than I do with women. Just me.

My mum walked in on me with another man Confused

I dont like coming out story,it is horrible sometimes

I came out in a Women's Studies college course:redface:

I came out to my mom a few weeks ago actually. I wasn't really worried about coming out to her since I knew she would be pretty much supportive, I was just delaying it to avoid the annoying questions that come afterward lol "When did you know?" , "Are you sure?" etc..Rolleyes

So I was picking her up from work, and planning to go visit a lady friend from college for the weekend in Glasgow.
So My mom was like "So tell me the truth are you and X an item ?", "Do you love here? " she just kept drilling me with questions... So Finally when I ended the conversation with denial, I said
"Mom, I dont like girls....." :dance3:
The inevitable awkward moment passed, and then she started with annoying questions I was hoping to avoid lol.

I'm just relieved its over Big Grin but then again there still more people I have to come out to :S

Beaux Wrote:I think about all those "sensible" comming out stories and just think "I wish"

I was married (yes to a woman lol) for six years (quite happily actually) but then we had a HUGE fight over some really petty things one day and she said she was leaving and never coming back. I was pretty pst so I was like "leave then". She got in her car and drove off and I figured she would be back later. Well, a week passed and she didnt come back. I got pretty depressed and started drinking. A friend from high school showed up and we got twisted drunk togeather. I really dont remember much about that night but we woke up togeather naked in my bed. At first it was pretty uncomfortable, but then he kissed me and next thing you know we were going at it pretty hot and heavy. Thats when my wife walked in on us lolz. Apparently she had decided to come back to me. I will never forget the look on her face :eek: Anyway by the end of the day she had told EVERYONE we knew, my parents, her parents, EVERYONE. We divorced a couple months later. Thats how I came out of the closet. :redface:

Now that's a classical FARCE situation to be in. I hope you were not ashamed...???

lokilol Wrote:I came out to my mom a few weeks ago actually. I wasn't really worried about coming out to her since I knew she would be pretty much supportive, I was just delaying it to avoid the annoying questions that come afterward lol "When did you know?" , "Are you sure?" etc..Rolleyes

So I was picking her up from work, and planning to go visit a lady friend from college for the weekend in Glasgow.
So My mom was like "So tell me the truth are you and X an item ?", "Do you love here? " she just kept drilling me with questions... So Finally when I ended the conversation with denial, I said
"Mom, I dont like girls....." :dance3:
The inevitable awkward moment passed, and then she started with annoying questions I was hoping to avoid lol.

I'm just relieved its over Big Grin but then again there still more people I have to come out to :S

But once you've told your mum (like the most important person ever to tell), you'll find it gets easier... Now about telling your dad, that might be tricky (in your situation).

As you may know, my mother died a few days ago. We were looking through her papers to find the necessary stuff for the town to issue the death certificate, and had to scrape through tons of old papers, old letters, old cards, old and new bills, etc... I found the letter I wrote to her by e-mail some years ago, so I've kept it. I don't know if I want my brothers to read it... It's my story and my mother's story... I'm glad that she kept it though. She could so easily have just deleted the message (given the amount of e-mails that she's accumulated on her new computer, I'm guessing she never deleted any of them (on the old one, that would be)...
Here's to a mum who thought her son's coming out letter was important enough to print and keep. Cheers, mum. God bless.