Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it be easier..?
When my close friend and I always have a heart to heart this
question/topic always get brought up.

"Wouldn't it be easier if we were just straight?"

I'm sure being straight has it's shares of problems, it probably might even
be similar to being gay or other orientation, but sometimes I just can't
help but think of how my life would be a little less difficult if I were just straight.

I really hate it when some straight people say being gay [lgbt] is a choice,
cause if I had to choose, and it's really sad and I hate myself for saying this, but
I really wouldn't choose to be gay. If it were that easy, I'd just be like my older
brothers and be straight, but I am not.

Anyone else thought this..?

Confusedigh: Kind of speaking from a pretty shitty place atm.. and this is partially a rant.

My answer is "yes, it would be easier" but if I got to choose, I would still choose to be gay again.
I don't hate women but I find most of their activities boring. I like doing physical demanding activities (working out, hiking, trekking, etc) while most (not all) of the women don't. And many women like to think that men should be providers. I don't really like this idea. I like everyone to be as equal as possible. It's just my personal opinion though.

Being abused bullied and 'different'
Well I'd love to chose to be straight but too. I get where you are coming from. It's not the easiest being gay. But it's still relatively new being allowed to be openly gay. You use to get beat up. Put in jail. Electrocuted. Told you were sick.
Tho now it's more acceptable and this happens less.

Also I forgot to say. Life is all about the choices we make. They are what make us. Our choices define us.

Does "easier life" mean "better life" ?

Ekwarph Wrote:Does "easier life" mean "better life" ?

I just came back to say something like that u.u
What is easier might not be the best

Maybe its easier because being straight is the norm even if we accept it or not.. A less complicated life and yes, a better life.

But this is me so i just have to embrace who I am and make the most out of it.. Hence being gay is complicatedly unique, we add diversity to the world and of course we wont get pregnant :tongue:

It might be easier but are you sure you want to sacrifice your happiness and personality because its hard for you there? You are not straight! so what. We are all unique people.

Ekwarph Wrote:Does "easier life" mean "better life" ?

Ohooo hohooo!

Such wisdom right there Big Grin

Lilitu Wrote:Ohooo hohooo!

Such wisdom right there Big Grin

Err...no exageration :p

Actually, sometimes, it's my impression on my life (I think it's common).
You look for easiness and then you look back at your life and...nothing...intersideral vacuum :biggrin:

justbry87 Wrote:"Wouldn't it be easier if we were just straight?"

Definitely it would be

justbry87 Wrote:I really hate it when some straight people say being gay [lgbt] is a choice, cause if I had to choose, and it's really sad and I hate myself for saying this, but
I really wouldn't choose to be gay.

On this one you are hardly alone. That right there is what I always think everytime someone throws in the "choice" speech...

"sure...cause I woke up one day and decided I was going to like dudes..."

no, no, no...if anything I would have chosen to be "normal"

fine, go ahead, and say we're self-loathing bastards because of it, but it is what it is..

now? would I be any less lonely than I am now?

no...I would be as much as a failure in the dating scene as I am right now..

but I would have to deal with all the looks of "when will he get with a girl?" and having to smile, nod, hide and pretend....I'm quite tired of it..