Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like some thoughts, opinions, etc. on some stuff
Quote:IIRC, a guy I know had to be hospitalized because he was given meds for depression when he was bipolar. All I recall is that the way depression meds work have a way of exacerbating bipolar so that the ups are much higher while the downs are much worse. So I wonder how much of your difficulties might be in the meds.

I take antipsychotics as well. If I have a good mix, I'm fine. If not... eh.

My only problem right now with getting lawyers/psychological approval is that I don't have the money to do it. Right now the money I will soon be receiving will have to go to paying for my medication, my student loans, that sort of thing. :/

And yeah -- I'm being extremely careful. I hope in the future my writing will bring me enough income and that by that time, I'll be living with another guy to balance stuff out.

Also -- I'm sorry to hear about your experience. That's absolutely fucking horrible.

I have tons of good things in my life.

I agree with Tom. Depression run in my family and on occasion I get into one of those slumps. I used to be a COO of a construction firm and I moved so fast that I lost track of “me”. after the company was forced to close I looked around and realized how beautiful the simple things are: flowers, books, my dog ect… It made me feel so blessed. And trust me when I say you are not the only one that has a problem either holding on to a man or attracting the wrong man. I have posted a bit on here and I have dated a man 20yrs older from me, I dated a man who eventually said he will never fit into my life style, I had one try to fight me and trust me the list goes on. Life is beautiful and it may seem very dark at some times but there is much more light then there is darkness. Keep your head up and your soul mate will enter your life when its time, keep dating and you will find him. I mean you have already accomplished much….. I hope this helps

hello blue, I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through so much. I have some mental problems myself but I still haven't been checked out. do you exercise? it's what I do when I need to clear my head or let some aggression out.

college is stressful, I've had anxiety attacks before in class and had to leave for a moment and took a short walk to calm myself down. you have to take it one step at a time and do not hesitate to ask someone for help, it doesn't have to be the teacher it could be a classmate or tutor.

you should feel proud about starting your writing career and I hope it will help you feel better. life sucks ass but we have to keep pushing forward.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I missed this post the first time around.

Since you have been hospitalized and are still tinkering with medication, Disability should not be off the table.

Forget what one doctor says, instead see what an attorney says. Find a A social Security Advocate in your area - you said Texas, so here is a Google: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...21&bih=840

S/he will get you to the right doctors and will assess your case from the legal (not medical) side of things.

worknlife Wrote:I agree with Tom. Depression run in my family and on occasion I get into one of those slumps. I used to be a COO of a construction firm and I moved so fast that I lost track of “me”. after the company was forced to close I looked around and realized how beautiful the simple things are: flowers, books, my dog ect… It made me feel so blessed. And trust me when I say you are not the only one that has a problem either holding on to a man or attracting the wrong man. I have posted a bit on here and I have dated a man 20yrs older from me, I dated a man who eventually said he will never fit into my life style, I had one try to fight me and trust me the list goes on. Life is beautiful and it may seem very dark at some times but there is much more light then there is darkness. Keep your head up and your soul mate will enter your life when its time, keep dating and you will find him. I mean you have already accomplished much….. I hope this helps

It does. Thank you. And yeah -- I've been trying to see the beauty in stuff. Nature, people, animals, etc. I know it would probably be better for me if I had kept through with my promise of starting to volunteer at an animal shelter, but I get so attached so easily and emotional with them it probably wouldn't have done me so well. I've also considered getting a cat of my own recently, but I'm not sure if I should or not as of now.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I missed this post the first time around.

Since you have been hospitalized and are still tinkering with medication, Disability should not be off the table.

Forget what one doctor says, instead see what an attorney says. Find a A social Security Advocate in your area - you said Texas, so here is a Google: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...21&bih=840

S/he will get you to the right doctors and will assess your case from the legal (not medical) side of things.

My only issue with going back through this process is that I'm not sure if I can handle it mentally right now. When I was trying to go through the disability process, I was a nervous wreck for about four months. It was horrible.

I know I should probably start trying again. I just need a bit of courage to do so.