Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you agree to have a „girlfriend” in order to hide your orientation?
No not Me. I have never tried to hide the fact that I am gay.
An eye for an eye

I realise I am lucky to live in a place where homophobia isn't common enough to be a daily concern. As such I wouldn't consider such an agreement. But your situation is very different to my own.

I think she would be using you as much as you using her, so I wouldn't be too worried in that regard; but difficult emotions might crop up as well as risks of being outed.
This is a difficult situation, but I can see why it might make you bit safer to take her up on the offer.

Hmm, but I also think it's possible that others may be able to see right through the act if you're not really into it.
Also, it may make it harder to find other guys.

Ugh, I'm not sure there is a "right" answer here.

Do what you think is necessary.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Today I met with the same guy who's usually asking me all these questions about women and he was like "well, want to tell me about that girl you were snogging in the party?" I said I don't want to talk about it and he was like "it's ok man, I just wanted to apologize to you" I was like "for what?" and he said "for thinking bad about you, for a moment I was almost sure you're a fag but now I see you're a real man after all."

So now it looks like he doesn't think I'm gay anymore just because I was sitting next to a girl. Still, my feet went cold from the word "fag" alone.

So, now you're a ''real man''..... What an idiot. Seriously, that guy needs a fucking education. And I don't only mean the one you get in college.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

When I read this post I thought of what happened to a guy my partner used to work with. He was deep in the closet, and in family and social situations where people were always trying to fix him up with women. And then a woman he knew approached him the same way that woman approached you. He asked her what was in it for her, and she said it would be great to have someone to go places with and just have fun.

At first it was okay, they did social stuff together and his family and friends were happy. She was always very affectionate in public, she said that was part of the act. I don't know exactly what happened, he said he got too drunk a couple times and they "somehow" had sex. She would apologize afterwards and say it was a mistake and wouldn't happen again.

Then she turned up pregnant, and all bets were off. He caved to pressure from her, from family and friends, and married her. He's not the kind of guy who would go out and cheat behind her back, and he's pretty miserable.

I'm not saying that a woman would do this on purpose or that the woman you know would do this. But hey, beware, shit happens.