Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you class mild depression as a medical circumstance?
The good thing about places like Japan is they they haven't followed all western traditions.

The term 'depression' has been broaden so much in the last couple of decades that these days 'a little bit sad' is now classed as 'mild depression' and if medically diagnosed you can get a happy pill to fix that.

All to often, people lay the blame of their short comings at the feet of an illness in an attempt to shirk their responsibility, and if it isn't an illness they are blaming, it is 'the government's ' fault.

I think people need to learn to own their problems and take responsibilty short comings and don't blame others.

mild depression? cry me a river.

Mild depression is like the common cold. Clinical depression is like raging, malignant cancer. Both are real enough.

As with the common cold, mild depression does go away after a while, without drugs. Unfortunately, antidepressants are grossly overprescribed, but they do help those who genuinely need them.

Mild depression can improve without treatment... But if you live somewhere where treatment is free, why take the risk? Professional help is an asset with any problem.

This might help... But as always, good professionals are always more helpful then advice from the internet.

http://www.healthcentral.com/depression/...ifference/