Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you continue relationship with a guy who doesn't take "no" for an answer?
My boyfriend and me, we're dating for 2 weeks now. The other day we spent some time together and long story short, he wanted to get intimate with me. I told him that it's too soon for me, we're together for 2 weeks only. I need to get to know someone well before going to bed with him, having sex this fast is not OK for me. After I kept saying no, he basically tried to force himself on me. No, he didn't rape me or anything, he thought I was just playing hard to get and my "stop", "don't" and "I don't want it" was no big deal. He had had a few drinks that night, but he was not drunk, he realized what he was doing.

The next day he apologized me hundreds of times, he promised me that will never happen again and that he doesn't know what had gotten into him. I acted like I understand but actually now I feel uncomfortable around him. Maybe if he hadn't had those few drinks, he wouldn't have done that but anyway this is like a little red flag for me. He didn't listen when I said "no". I don't know should I just shake it off like a little mistake of his or maybe run while I still can.

I feel a little bad because this is the second time today I have advised someone break things of with a guy, but I feel this time the answer comes much more easily. The alarm bells are ringing big time here. He did not listen to you, or respect your wishes. You explained clearly that you wanted to get to know someone first, and then more clearly told him no and he chose to interpret what you said to meet his needs, therefore ignoring you. How is what you said playing "hard to get". Run for the hills, and don't look back.

I agree with Cridders. I am like you in the fact that I don't want sex right away. I guess that is old fashioned, but it doesn't matter. Someone that tries to force himself upon you has no respect for your boundaries. Even if he was drinking, he should show more self control in my opinion.

I don't think you are going to get any different responses and I think you know at the bottom of your heart what you need to do.

the second or third 'NO' should have been followed by a swift kick in the balls.

Blaming alcohol for an attempted rape, lets face it, that is what it was (If it was a female the bloke would be in cuffs with a split lip), is a piss weak excuse and it will happen again.

The only way to stay safe in the situation is remove yourself from the situation...the drinking is what is the real problem, sexual or physical abuse is what will be going to be a result of his drinking.