Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a British guy in an LDR?
(1) Are foreign gay guys attracted to British guys at all?

(2) If you met me and really liked me, but you were going back to your country, say the US, would you consider a long distance relationship with me?

(3) What are the chances I will find a guy from another country? How can I do this without sounding like a sociopath?

Quote:(1) Are foreign gay guys attracted to British guys at all?

Are British attracted to foriegn guys???

Quote:(2) If you met me and really liked me, but you were going back to your country, say the US, would you consider a long distance relationship with me?

Some would, I personally wouldn't. I would prefer to have a relationship with someone 'attainable'...IE cuddles, nights on the sofa, dinner dates etc.

Quote:(3) What are the chances I will find a guy from another country? How can I do this without sounding like a sociopath?

Look

britishstudent Wrote:(1) Are foreign gay guys attracted to British guys at all?

(2) If you met me and really liked me, but you were going back to your country, say the US, would you consider a long distance relationship with me?

(3) What are the chances I will find a guy from another country? How can I do this without sounding like a sociopath?
i am very sorry for you loss. There are things like a work visa and such that prevent lovers from just packing up and going to another country.
tonight
follow your heart and pray your sole to keep.

britishstudent Wrote:(1) Are foreign gay guys attracted to British guys at all?

That is an odd question for me because I would imagine British Guys are like guys throughout the rest of the world...all individuals...and what makes one individual attractive to another depends on individual chemistry.

Quote:(2) If you met me and really liked me, but you were going back to your country, say the US, would you consider a long distance relationship with me?

Not for me personally...I need face to face relationship...long distance would not work for me but I understand it works fine for alot of people.

Quote:(3) What are the chances I will find a guy from another country? How can I do this without sounding like a sociopath?

What if your soul mate lives down the block from you...and is British? I think it is wise to stay open to meeting everyone. I think that will increase your chances across the board.

I think British guys will be very hot on the Japanese gay market, if you are interested Smile and many would probably haven LDR.
Just look online and be normal. I think it's hard to come across as an sociopath than normal Smile

[quote=britishstudent]

[QUOTE](1) Are foreign gay guys attracted to British guys at all?[/QUOTE]

Yes there are gay guys into the Brits. In my books the Brits are the foreigners, THEY speak the strange (but cute) accent, THEY have the weird cultural habits such as drinking tea instead of coffee, or driving on the wrong side of the road. It's call perspective. From my perspective the UK is an exotic place full of alien charms, romantic potentials, etc.

[QUOTE](2) If you met me and really liked me, but you were going back to your country, say the US, would you consider a long distance relationship with me?[/QUOTE]

If I really liked you - no. If I fell in love with you - well that is a horse of a different color... I tend to do illogical things when in love - I allow for a lot of stuff that I usually do not allow for, such as making the silly attempt to maintain a long distance, never possible to be united long distance relationship.

[QUOTE](3) What are the chances I will find a guy from another country? [/QUOTE]

Insufficient data to calculate the probabilities. I bet you will meet more foreigners in London than in say Crawley - Less tourist traffic in Crawley than in London - as far as I know there is nothing of tourist interest in Crawley.

Further, I don't know where you go out, what you do - if you are like me you most likely work and go home and stay at home - this means you meet far less people than the social butterflies that work then go to the bar/club/party/theater whatever social butterflies do.

So there is a lot of factors here that would need to be considered before a half decent to good answer can be made.

[QUOTE](4)How can I do this without sounding like a sociopath?[/QUOTE]

This is your fourth question.

Sociopath is defined as: A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

So if you steer clear of that (and criminal behavior) you most likely will not appear to be a sociopath.

Wink

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:[quote=britishstudent]

Yes there are gay guys into the Brits. In my books the Brits are the foreigners, THEY speak the strange (but cute) accent, THEY have the weird cultural habits such as drinking tea instead of coffee, or driving on the wrong side of the road. It's call perspective. From my perspective the UK is an exotic place full of alien charms, romantic potentials, etc.

If I really liked you - no. If I fell in love with you - well that is a horse of a different color... I tend to do illogical things when in love - I allow for a lot of stuff that I usually do not allow for, such as making the silly attempt to maintain a long distance, never possible to be united long distance relationship.

Insufficient data to calculate the probabilities. I bet you will meet more foreigners in London than in say Crawley - Less tourist traffic in Crawley than in London - as far as I know there is nothing of tourist interest in Crawley.

Further, I don't know where you go out, what you do - if you are like me you most likely work and go home and stay at home - this means you meet far less people than the social butterflies that work then go to the bar/club/party/theater whatever social butterflies do.

So there is a lot of factors here that would need to be considered before a half decent to good answer can be made.

This is your fourth question.

Sociopath is defined as: A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

So if you steer clear of that (and criminal behavior) you most likely will not appear to be a sociopath.

Wink

How do you know about Crawley lol?

britishstudent Wrote:[quote=Bowyn Aerrow]

How do you know about Crawley lol?

I have a Crystal Ball :biggrin:

No there are these things called 'maps' - they are available on the net. I got one of England and picked a name from random.

I know of the reverse happening:
an American boy in love with his now partner both in the UK. The American is fairly alcoholic, thus their partnership is not with out faults. I have never met the British guy but the American seems lovely dreamy indeed.
-choose your partner wisely, you only have one chance... right!
-if you two want to have a domestic partnership where ever, even married, it can be done
-i still think there are plenty of UK gay men who would know exactly what to do with you britishstudent and your closing your self off to them.
-your a student? attend a few semesters here in the US. make sure he is what you want.

I'm an American and I actually have a preference for British men over American men. They seem more mature and cultured to me (no offense to my Yank brothers hehe)

Plus, I love European accents Confusedmile:

I think LDR can work if both parties involved are willing to invest the extra work needed to sustain them. Above everything else, trust needs to factor into it....without each person's trust, the relationship will wither and die.