Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a British guy in an LDR?
wintermoon Wrote:I'm an American and I actually have a preference for British men over American men. They seem more mature and cultured to me (no offense to my Yank brothers hehe)

Plus, I love European accents Confusedmile:

I think LDR can work if both parties involved are willing to invest the extra work needed to sustain them. Above everything else, trust needs to factor into it....without each person's trust, the relationship will wither and die.

I love American accents! I love everything about Americans, they are so funny and easy going. You should get in touch if you ever want to come to London, England Wink

(1) Are foreign gay guys attracted to British guys at all?
I'm sure there are plenty of guys who are Smile .. I myself would answer 'yep' to this one (and like others here I like European accents)

(2) If you met me and really liked me, but you were going back to your country, say the US, would you consider a long distance relationship with me?
I think 'just friends' could work out, but true a LDR would be very difficult just because you wouldn't be able to see eachother... (In my case I don't think I'd risk a relationship just because I wouldn't want either guy to get hurt)

(3) What are the chances I will find a guy from another country? How can I do this without sounding like a sociopath?
Unfortunately that one I can't answer, sure it could happen, but have no idea how much of a chance there is...

(1) Are foreign gay guys attracted to British guys at all?
Yes
(2) If you met me and really liked me, but you were going back to your country, say the US, would you consider a long distance relationship with me?
Yes though it'd be hard and all.
(3) What are the chances I will find a guy from another country? How can I do this without sounding like a sociopath?
Relatively high if you just look around campus. There are transfer students and such.

What is the attraction to dating a guy from another country? Long Distance Relationships are full of heart ache and unless either one of you is looking to relocate or regularly travel it cannot work.

I'd be interested to hear your motivation in pursuing a LDR.

Jonathan

GayDatingExpert Wrote:What is the attraction to dating a guy from another country? Long Distance Relationships are full of heart ache and unless either one of you is looking to relocate or regularly travel it cannot work.

I'd be interested to hear your motivation in pursuing a LDR.

Jonathan

I don't know, sometimes I think I am addicted to getting hurt. I am attracted to foreign guys because I find people who are similar to me boring - I want someone completely different, with different world views, different upbringing.

Best advice.... Find a foreigner who lives in britian and take it from there i dont do LDR anymore as t b honest it causes issues one doesnt need i would rather have partner with me as a couple than a picture on the wall and possibly in the bin

If he's rich, intelligent, well educated good looking with a massive tool I'm willing to do the whole ldr thing ;-)

David, you and your crystal,ball, lol Rolleyes

Though I'm in a relationship. I personally find British guys to be sexy. It's the accent and the reserved charm, if you will. A LOT of Americans feel this way
If I was available and met a British guy that I really really liked a lot, whilst in Britain, who knows. I love the city I live in, but I'm not too crazy about my home country. If he was really special and I was very fond of him, I might try to extend my stay, if I was studying there, maybe transfer to a British uni, but I'd have to be [B]very[B][I][ fond of him.
I'm not talking about someone I'd meet on holiday, but say if studying there for six months and got to know him really well. I have few ties really holding me to the U.S. and London particularly sounds like a great place to live, so who knows?
However it's more likely that by the time I have to go back I wouldn't know him well enought to make such a commitment. And a Long distance relationship to someone "across the pond" as they say sounds lonely.
It's unlikely that I'd want a LDR.

BTW- I tried to pepper my post with some words that are more popular in Brittain.
Such as: whilst, fond, holiday (instead of vacation) and uni.