Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a Disabled person.
If he's a kind person I totally would date him, as web developer I can tell you that usually we have two missions developing the front-end and the back-end, the front-end does the first step which is bringing costumer to use the site, however if the back-end is not good, the costumer will leave regardless how amazing the front-end is ! I think it is the same logic here, I wouldn't care about someone being disabled as much as I care about what he has got inside, his personality, his kindness Smile

I would like to think I would. I have to say, however, that the person who says they could not do it, it not necessarily a bad person. Each person has to know their limitations. If they know they could not be a caretaker at some point in time, they are just being honest about it.

Darius Wrote:I would like to think I would. I have to say, however, that the person who says they could not do it, it not necessarily a bad person. Each person has to know their limitations. If they know they could not be a caretaker at some point in time, they are just being honest about it.

Care given? In my case I've already got that sorted as I've got a personal assistant. I don't need a carer.

artyboy Wrote:Care given? In my case I've already got that sorted as I've got a personal assistant. I don't need a carer.

Sorry, I meant caregiver.

Why not? Anyone who rejected a disabled person just on the grounds of his disability would be a total dick. As others have said, it depends on personality, not disability.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm afraid I can't simply say yes. I would date if everything else is a match. But since I don't know anyone in person that is disabled, I guesse the question should be "would you start a relationship with someone disabled?" Because I'm not sure how that would affect my life, I would only know after dating.

For example, my best friend asked me would you be able to date a guy with kids, I said yes why not?

And I did, I am 2 years in a relationship with someone with 3 kids, and in all honesty if I knew what I know now, it would've stayed with only one date.

The feeling of missing out on a lot of stuff is too big. My life changed drastically. I can't go on vacation with only my partner, we don't have any alone time, kids are messy, loud, can be annoying, etc..

It's not the same as being in a relationship and then have kids, because my bf is stuck for life with his ex, she loves nothing more then bring drama in this household etc..

What I'm trying to say is people are too easy in saying "yes I would date" but in reality we tend to follow our heart and forget what kind of big responsibility we get ourselves into..

So my answer would be "yes" to dating and "maybe" to relationship..

And "no, I wouldn't leave my partner if he suddenly becomes disabled"

LONDONER Wrote:Why not? Anyone who rejected a disabled person just on the grounds of his disability would be a total dick. As others have said, it depends on personality, not disability.

So everyone should feel sorry for disabled people and accept a date with whoever is disabled? To me that's a real dick. I believe that the last thing a disabled person would want is feeling sorry for them...

Ammon Wrote:So everyone should feel sorry for disabled people and accept a date with whoever is disabled? To me that's a real dick. I believe that the last thing a disabled person would want is feeling sorry for them...

You've misinterpreted my post. I'm not saying that I would date someone because I felt sorry for him. I said that the disability should not be a riding factor, it's personality that is the most important thing. I wonder how Artyboy interpreted it?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:You've misinterpreted my post. I'm not saying that I would date someone because I felt sorry for him. I said that the disability should not be a riding factor, it's personality that is the most important thing.

True, but it shouldn't be taken lightly either.

I think if you truly care for someone and you have a deep and meaningful connection with each other, then does it really matter? You can only find that out by going on dates with them in the first place, regardless of disability.