Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you date a Disabled person.
artyboy Wrote:Sorry I mean people come running out of no where to open the door. EG I'm pushing the door open little hard for me but they open it from the other side and I go flying lol. I walk most of the time BTW.

Or when they turn it into a huge deal. I took my aunt to her doctor. I pull into the parking garage and park about 40 feet from the elevator lobby. I start pulling her walker out of the trunk, and a lady getting into the next car says, I''LL GET THE DOOR and goes running back to the door. So. I set up the walker. Haul auntie out of the car. Go back for her bag and sweater. All this time, the lady is holding the door, which makes auntie nervous, so she breaks into her version of a walker trot. OMG!

I KNOW the woman had very good intentions, but PLEASE.......all she did was annoy me and make my aunt feel pressured and, as she put it, "like a damned burden to everyone".

Gemini Wrote:Or when they turn it into a huge deal. I took my aunt to her doctor. I pull into the parking garage and park about 40 feet from the elevator lobby. I start pulling her walker out of the trunk, and a lady getting into the next car says, I''LL GET THE DOOR and goes running back to the door. So. I set up the walker. Haul auntie out of the car. Go back for her bag and sweater. All this time, the lady is holding the door, which makes auntie nervous, so she breaks into her version of a walker trot. OMG!

I KNOW the woman had very good intentions, but PLEASE.......all she did was annoy me and make my aunt feel pressured and, as she put it, "like a damned burden to everyone".

Yep that's the sort of thing I got to put up with. I might look like I'm struggling but it's the only way I can do it.

Yes, of course.

artyboy Wrote:I hate people running over to me and helping me things, like when people hold doors for ever for me or asking if I'm okay when I'm pulling my self out of a chair, or the one that really pisses me off is when I'm in my wheelchair and someone decides I need a push without asking me first. Ffs how would you like someone to come up to you and grabbed your wrist and started to pull you about and you don't even know the person.

I hold the door for everyone, if there is someone next to me. Isn't it the way how gentlemen should behave?

I'm from third world country. I had pictured that is being gentle and responsible.

Most of the guys I have dated in my life have been disabled, it was their choice.

You have a muscle wasting condition, so everything that you can to against that disease means you are abled.

But to answer your question, it would have very little influence in wanting to get to know you and see what happens.

do you have any gay place for disabled people? Maybe you can get a hot blonde blue eyed person over there Wink I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, though.

I also attend some chatting sites and people just stop talking to me after I say I'm chubby. People are like robots on those sites. I'm not judging those people, because they're free. But let me give you and example from just 10 min ago.

A guy, who's 48 and chubby like me, was looking for a perfect guy like 180 and athlethic. and I dont understand them, but respect them. I think it's , for them, about getting a guy better than themselves. and the worst is they think they're perfect. They have many problems, though. and I hate this ego wars.
you should go on surfing on those sites till you find the one and maybe you can also check some places around you. I think England is free about being gay.

RomanticGuy, look at it this way: at least with them being so obvious, you know upfront that they are guys not worth knowing. Right?

Darius Wrote:RomanticGuy, look at it this way: at least with them being so obvious, you know upfront that they are guys not worth knowing. Right?

Yes I do. Some also says ''I dont date chubbies'' without mentioning on their profile. And I just say ''okay'' and go on surfing. They're totally not worth to know.

Yep the good ol "no fats, no fems and no old people"

See everyone expects someone to just pop out of a chip n dale's magazine and it just isn't like that. I mean I have my guidelines for what I find attractive and I'm not ashamed to not be attracted to certain types of people and define fat... I mean over here I get told that I'm both hot af and fat at the same time...I'm usually told I'm fat by guys who are 120 lbs and 6ft 4in and think that's the way everyone should be.

As far as disabilities, see here it's no longer about looks, it is a case by case basis, depends on what we're talking about. Are we talking about someone who needs a cane every now and then, has days where they're sick and can't work or get out of bed or what? See I think people want to say they're willing to have a relationship with someone who has a disability simply because we're morally wired to say those sorts of things. On the other hand I do think there are a lot of exceptions to the rule but what I see is that people are way too judgmental, if there's a flaw of any kind "Oh they're not the one for me!" I have my issues, most would say that I'm fat or something along those lines...or if I mention the hell I have been through dealing with my teeth or the doctor, my anxiety problems and so on... Those are just the ones I just worry about, who knows what other people see on the outside and is it even worth my time to worry about.

Anyway, the point I want to drive home about this thread is that most of you will say you would date someone with a disability, whatever that is being up for debate, but when it comes down to it you won't...and I am aiming that at the younger crowd mostly. I think older people realize that people do end up with disabilities, we age and all at one point end up with health problems but the guys in their 20's think there is something wrong with dating someone that say has gum disease, after all they just go online and see what good has to say, basically says my mouth is rotten and my teeth are going to fall out...even though that is far from the case. Intentional or not when I was told that I'm thinking how do I go about fixing my mouth because no amount of brushing and flossing is going to fix the years my dad refused to take me to the dentist. Or what about the weight, if only I didn't have all those pieces of cheesecake last week I might have been 1lb lighter and closer to my goal.

Anyway, we're hurtful to people in reality, but angels via text....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:Yep the good ol "no fats, no fems and no old people"

See everyone expects someone to just pop out of a chip n dale's magazine and it just isn't like that. I mean I have my guidelines for what I find attractive and I'm not ashamed to not be attracted to certain types of people and define fat... I mean over here I get told that I'm both hot af and fat at the same time...I'm usually told I'm fat by guys who are 120 lbs and 6ft 4in and think that's the way everyone should be.

As far as disabilities, see here it's no longer about looks, it is a case by case basis, depends on what we're talking about. Are we talking about someone who needs a cane every now and then, has days where they're sick and can't work or get out of bed or what? See I think people want to say they're willing to have a relationship with someone who has a disability simply because we're morally wired to say those sorts of things. On the other hand I do think there are a lot of exceptions to the rule but what I see is that people are way too judgmental, if there's a flaw of any kind "Oh they're not the one for me!" I have my issues, most would say that I'm fat or something along those lines...or if I mention the hell I have been through dealing with my teeth or the doctor, my anxiety problems and so on... Those are just the ones I just worry about, who knows what other people see on the outside and is it even worth my time to worry about.

Anyway, the point I want to drive home about this thread is that most of you will say you would date someone with a disability, whatever that is being up for debate, but when it comes down to it you won't...and I am aiming that at the younger crowd mostly. I think older people realize that people do end up with disabilities, we age and all at one point end up with health problems but the guys in their 20's think there is something wrong with dating someone that say has gum disease, after all they just go online and see what good has to say, basically says my mouth is rotten and my teeth are going to fall out...even though that is far from the case. Intentional or not when I was told that I'm thinking how do I go about fixing my mouth because no amount of brushing and flossing is going to fix the years my dad refused to take me to the dentist. Or what about the weight, if only I didn't have all those pieces of cheesecake last week I might have been 1lb lighter and closer to my goal.

Anyway, we're hurtful to people in reality, but angels via text....

I think you have much point in that. I'm really wondering what makes us that way. Once I talked to a disabled person, it didnt work (not because of his disability).

but my weak point is that I care about appearance (face beauty). I dont even know how to feel about this, guilty or accepting myself as I am. It's not something that I choose to be. Of course, personality is the most important, but even when we buy a chocolate, we first check the cover (I'm not saying that's the right thing). So we sometimes cannot help it. I'm easily attached to some guys than others too. But I wish we could be totally isolated with appearances and just look at personality.